Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kmyoshi

Re: ground

Excellent video! I have a pretty average/small stature (5’6″) and weigh about 118. I have learned how to keep my base when mounted better in a BJJ type setting but I still don’t like mounting people bigger than me as many times they’ll just use strength on me. This technique seems more sound in a street environment. I don’t like mounting in general because of the tendency for the person on the bottom grabbing onto you.

Yeah, I think it’s great. Never thought of it that way but makes SO MUCH sense. I imagine you’d want to strike and/or control the head with, shall we say, purpose once you get there so they can’t just get up, but if you already have them in side control chances are they’re not 100%. I’d also imagine you’d want to do this pretty effing fast in order to reassess your position and surroundings.

Anyway, that dude’s awesome. Love his videos and his style. Much respect.

kevinmack

when it comes to top position on the ground I have always prefered knee on belly. Whether it was just sport rolling or self defense. It gives me more control(being a small guy) yet I can disengage easily in case of multiple attackers,more options,cause pain for my opponent and allows for a wider visual field.I never liked side mount.
    thats just my personal preference.

kmyoshi

I need to start using knee on belly when rolling. I like side mount when rolling in a BJJ environment but would not want to be in a side mount if in a street environment. Too many ways for the guy on the bottom to hold onto me as mentioned in the video. You fight the way you train.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: