Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Groundfighting question

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

We have a groundfighting class every other Saturday at the school I attend. It’s a great class, a great workout, I learn a ton and I truly look forward to it.

What I don’t look forward to is the raw, skinned knees I have at the end of class from working in my opponent’s guard for an hour.

I really don’t want to start wearing kneepads and I already wear long pants to class.

Any suggestions, other than ‘quit spending so much time in your opponent’s guard!’ 😆

roger

Get yourself a good pair of GI pants. Make sure you get pants specifically made for BJJ like ATAMA or MKimonos. They are very durable unlike Judo GI pants that tear at the knees easily. Hope this helps.

anonymous

I wear very slim, flat knee protectors from body glove. Some don’t have a pad at all, others come with a very soft, not too big pad around the knee. They may feel tight at first and uncomfortable, but once you start rolling, you’ll hardly notice them and your knees will thank you later. I also wear the same type of slim, small elbow pads/protectors.

You could check a large sport’s store or even the internet for them.

kravjeff

Even a brace, made for joint stability, especially made of neoprene would likely help tremendously. I know that ACE makes one, though theirs may have an \”open patella\” – Probably relatively inexpensive and in my experience neoprene is nearly indestructable. Likely that GK’s BodyGlove knee protector is neoprene as well.?.?.?

Thanks for the advice folks.

anonymous

Yep, that’s it, minus the \”open patella\”. Definitely something to try.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: