Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Gun defense against a wall

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    olivier-d92

Last night as I was driving home, I was wondering about a particular defense. In my mind, the defender is pushed backwards and maybe slightly upwards against a wall by an aggressor . The aggressor stays at very close range, with one hand holding the defender’s collar, putting pressure, and in the other hand holding a gun directed upwards to the defender’s throat or just under the chin, the arm and elbow of the aggressor’s arm holding the gun are against the defender’s chest.
    What would be the adequate defense in such situation if any? a variation of the choke from the front against a wall or something totally different?

Thanks for your input

Olivier

brentw

Re: Gun defense against a wall

You would do the initial gun redirection with the unrestricted hand as long as there is space to get your thumb around the barrel. From there you could either do the two hand cupping to control the gun and kick to the groin or head butt or you could make the punch and control the gun from there.

olivier-d92

Thanks Brent.

In this particular case, where should the initial gun redirection be directed to?

O.

giant-killer

Interesting scenario. The way I imagine it, you would be very restricted in your movements, if both the attacker’s arms are pressing against your chest and are pushing you into the wall. If the attacker’s left arm is across your chest and his whole body is blocking you, I suppose you would grab the gun with your own left hand and pull it away from your face, off to the side, cup if possible. A groin kick or knee would probably be a good counter if he’s right on top of you, hopefully this will create space for you to move away from the wall and control the weapon, then do further counters or a takeaway.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: