Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Gun Defense against multiple attackers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ubuwalker31

Is there an official Krav Maga position about what to do if faced with multiple gun wielding opponents?

In other words, if the lone defender (or worse, one defender and one third party innocents) is approached on the street by two muggers, both of whom have drawn weapons at close range, what is the preferred method of defense? Compliance with demands? Turn your back and run? Use the most appropriate disarm technique for the closest weapons position?

don

Re: Gun Defense against multiple attackers

You do what you feel is best in order for you to survive the situation.

smokelaw1

Re: Gun Defense against multiple attackers

quote Don:

You do what you feel is best in order for you to survive the situation.

Bingo. I feel pretty confident with my handgun disarms. If I felt attempting one presented the best chance of surviving an encounter, I would use one. When confronted with TWO attackers, at close range, I have to say the vast majority of times I would comply up until the point where I felt compliance becomes LESS likely to allow me to survive (get on your knees, get in the car are two likely scenarios).
    Against two attackers committed to doing you harm, each with a handgun, I think all but the most advanced (and probably even them) practitioners would admit that you have entered the realm of low percentage techniques. I’d love to hear what some of our blackbelts have to say about that.
    If I had to give a “best guess, most of the time…if I had to try it” answer, I would try to combine a disarm with getting the now disarmed person between me and the other attacker, while readying the weapon. Like I said….pretty chancy stuff. But that’s a pretty bad scenario.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: