Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Krav Maga Videos Gun defense from behind explained.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    kevinmack
    don

Re: Gun defense from behind explained.

I think this video shows defense against gun threat from the side, in front of the arm? Pretty good job of explaining. If he does another video on this topic, I think it would be beneficial for the students to hear him also explain the deviation from standard RCAT. I liked the “mmm delicious” phrasing/trigger. I remember CJ’s Dad teaching me this technique – I still pass on a few of his pointers: push/pull, body torque, break diagonally over and down, punch the barrel towards the BGs foot, etc…

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Yeah it was pretty good!

I prefer left hand palm heel strike since my hips are aligned for that then muzzle strike then step out pivot tap/rack while checking for friends but thats the only differance in how I show it.

kevinmack

Hahaha..my mistake. I meant to post the video of me teaching gun from behind but accidentally posted the video of my instructor teaching gun from the side. No wonder people liked it 😉

don

Oh yeah, muzzle strike too! I love the muzzle strike (aka jab em in the eye or break off a front toofuses with the barrel) and teach it every chance I get. Unfortunately, a couple of my partners are wussies and don’t like teaching that technique so some of our recruits end up missing out…

I got muzzle thumped by a red-gun M9 once, just above the SAPI plate on my flak jacket. I swore it broke my collar bone, but I came away with a new sense of respect for muzzle strikes.

kevinmack

This is what I meant to post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW8ZDCMMGqo&feature=plcp&context=C39aed04UDOEgsToPDskL2nXpJgF5_-eEHJ4p0z7wV

bradm

I know we can “what if” every technique to death. Here’s one. What if when you re-direct the line of fire it places the line of fire pointing to someone else. Will the tehnique work if you turned the opposite direction. i.e. instead of turning into the attacker’s body, turn away from his body, looping the arm, attack, and take away the gun. Just a curious question on my part. Thanks.

kevinmack

do you mean turning in to the dead side?

don

Thanks for sharing!

bradm

quote KevinMack:

do you mean turning in to the dead side?

Yes, I guess it would be the dead side.

kevinmack

It can work its just not preferred as your level of control is a lot less than when you go inside.

gatorboy

Kevin, excellent video, explanation, and demonstration. I would also recommend (of you don’t already) adding an additional situation for the same technique being that if your strike knocked the attacker to the ground while he maintained control of the weapon. It’s not a straight forward disarm as you would think in that situation because with out a slight body rotation you could end up having your leg in the line of fire when you disarm. You need to rotate the weapon slightly to your centerline then disarm.

BradM, yes you can rotate the other direction to the dead side. There are some circumstances that the attacker may shout instructions such as “you turn around, I’ll shoot, etc….” In that situation you don’t know which hand has the weapon (although statistics show 80% are right handed – give or take a couple percent); so the technique needs to work for either side you pick – that’s the benifit of Krav Maga. Your disarm would be exactly what you indicated, by looping the arm, and stepping into the attacker to avoid the “pulling reflex”, then strike/disarm.

Micheal Ruppel with Krav Maga Street Defense in Germany (and 3rd degree Hisardut) is one of only a handful of instructors that get invited to train the IDF from outside of Isreal for handgun disarms. He has the best Krav Maga gun defense DVD I have ever seen. He covers just about every situation, if not the principles are still applicable.

Well done again.

ginahaggins

This is why I love Krav Maga. Self defense at the extreme! 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: