Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Gun defense near a gas pump

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    iraszl

Re: Gun defense near a gas pump

It’s good to have such imagination. My instructor always tells me to be aware of my environment and plan ahead for possible scenarios. Don’t be paranoid, but do a bit of mental exercise.

I think we’ve all grown up with movies where the smallest damage to a fuel station would immediately blow it up! 🙂 I don’t think it’s real, but I don’t know the facts.

scholl34

There have been some interesting answers to this hypothetical question however i think many of you have overlooked the obvious. Who said you had to perform and defense and disarm the attacker….what about giving him what he is asking for. Since he has not yet shot you it is assumed that he wants something from you. What is it? If he wants your wallet…maybe you should give it to him. If he wants you to get in a car and go somewhere with him…forget it its time to take action. Neither I or anyone else can tell you exactly when to react or how to react but it is important to remember that just because someone pulls a gun on you and you are a krav maga student it does not mean you must attepmt a disarm. In addition. If you had to make a move becaue you feel that it is necessary and you are worried about the gas pump being in the way change the situation…move so that you are inviting him to come closer to you and further from the gas pump, or at least not facing the direction of the gas pump. Know what defense you plan to use and set it up taking into consideration your surroundings just like you would if there were someone standing next to you. Just some food for thought….

They tried something similar to this on Myth Busters but instead it was the gas tank on a car that they hit. There would be no explosion, it’s all just urban legend stuff.

Matter of fact the only way they got the gasoline to ignite was by a lighter dropped in the trail and it wasn’t nearly fast enough to catch the car, which is the myth they were trying to bust on another show (They did more than one show on the subject of fuel fires).

giant-killer

Of course giving in to his demands would always be a possibility. I was assuming that for some reason that wasn’t an option (maybe he tries to make me go with him, or he is very agitated (road rage) and looks like he may just pull the trigger).

The shows sound interesting. I’ve got to look out for them, maybe they will be repeated. I just remember seeing surveillance footage on the news sometimes, of people accidently sparking a fire near a gas pump with static electricity. Would seem impossible, but somehow it happens. So I thought maybe a bullet, or some sparks from a gun might do something similar. But looks like that isn’t so.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: