Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    blindfold

we had this discussion on tuesday.

What would the defense be against a person who comes up from behind and grabs you with a rear naked choke and puts a gun to your ear?

My advice was give him the money. Running is no longer an option.

We had a couple of creative ideas, but I figured this would be a place to get some good answers as well.

lotar

Re: gun defense question

You wouldn’t be able to put a gun to the ear whilst applying a RNC, I think you mean 1 arm around the neck while holding the gun with the other hand, yeh give them the money !!

Craig.

mara-jade

Oh geez – get choked if you try to disarm or get shot trying to remove the choke?? Holy crap:razz: – can’t wait to read the responses.

Hey lotar – yeah you’re right – the way you described the arm makes more sense

hollywood

Not a qualified answer, but in my opinion reach with the closest hand and redirect the gun forward away from your head. Then break the gun away (you could probably arm bar over your shoulder then turn the gun perpendicular to his arm. If you still have the gun shoot him, but if it somehow dropped in the struggle do the regular carotid choke defense and then get the gun. again imo

There is a gun defense for this hostage scenario. It involves a redirect with the same side hand at the muzzle end, followed by a “block” or “trap” with the support hand at the rear of the slide. You would then perform the disarm by rotating the pistol back on to the suspects thumb and trigger finger and slamming it back towards him. Once you have done this, the pistol is then pushed violently forward and your hips “pop” into the suspect to stretch him out during the disarm. This is an over-simplification, but it should allow you to see the principle behind the defense. the “choke” would be a non factor, as the arm around the neck is simply there for control, not an actual choke (as Lotar indicated). If this sounds like good times, stick with Krav until level 4/5 and you’ll see it until you’re sick of it.

dave-bluestein

Jeremy is correct with his description. Here is a YouTube link with Brent Wilkening performing and discussing the technique. IMHO, Brent is one of the best and most talented Krav instructors anywhere.

Dave

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9BWy4-zPtic

giant-killer

I’ve done this in class. It works well.

blindfold

Thanks for all of the responses and video. I knew I could get some answers here.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: