Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Gun Disarm Actual Video

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    magnum

I generally like watching COPS, have been for years. Probably what drove my little brother to be a LEO. However, last night I was watching a show, not sure if it was COPS or one of te Most dangerous shows.

There was a hostage situation where a BG was holding someone in a car with a gun. The BG was in the drivers seat with window down. Gun down by the door handle. A Police negotiator walked up to the car window to talk to the BG.

In a split second the BG looked away, the LEO reacted quickly, reached into the car and brought the BGs arm out of the car, ripping the gun out as it came out. THen twisted the guys arm back behind the window pillar and held it there. Painful no doubt.

The gun went swinging out on the ground. Hard to tell but I am sure the muzzle had passed by the LEOs chest, but I am sure he was wearing a vest and probably had more concern for the hostage than himself.

Just thought I would mention it. It might not have been textbook, but enough to show the techniques work, and work well. It may not even have been a Krav Maga defensive move, but the theroy was there and well applied.

Guess thats why I like watching those shows.

giant-killer

Re: Gun Disarm Actual Video

Didn’t see it, so I don’t know if it was a KM technique. I don’t think we’ve discussed how to do a third party defense from this position “KM style” before.

What the officer did seem to work well, although if he grabbed only the arm, the gunman could have potentially dropped the weapon into the interior of the car, making it harder for the deputy to get to it. Would it have been safer if he had tried to grab the barrel of the gun instead? Or maybe the arm and the barrel, then pull the arm out of the vehicle and twist the weapon out of the BG’s hand (the way one would do for gun to the side in front of arm, or a more regular third party defense)? Just some thoughts, don’t know what the official KM answer is and I didn’t see the episode, so I’m trying to picture it in my mind.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: