Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Gun fans and bored Lawyers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

CSPAN has the audio from the Supreme Court oral arguments in D.C. v. Heller (Case about the right to carry handguns).

Go to:
    http://www.c-span.org/homepage.asp?Cat=Current_Event&Code=SCourt&ShowVidNum=51&Rot_Cat_CD=SCourt&Rot_HT=&Rot_WD=&ShowVidDays=365&ShowVidDesc=&ArchiveDays=365
    and click on:

Supreme Court Oral Argument:
    D.C. v. Heller
    (03/18/2008)

mara-jade

Re: Gun fans and bored Lawyers

I saw this this morning but wasn’t sure if I’d be starting something by posting it:rolleyes:

paragon

It’s not about carrying handguns. It’s about the right to KEEP arms (not just handguns)in the home. BEARING arms is not in this fight.

stevetuna

I believe that this case is going to result in good news for those of us who believe in the Constitution.

quote Paragon:

It’s not about carrying handguns. It’s about the right to KEEP arms (not just handguns)in the home. BEARING arms is not in this fight.

True… I meant to say “have” handguns. From what I understand the issue is 3 D.C. laws that require.
    1- No guns without a permit.
    2- No permits for handguns (and certain other guns).
    3- All other guns have to be disabled (taken apart, trigger lock, unloaded).

D.C. is making an argument (that they’re going to lose) that the 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms is pretty much limited to mean that you have the right to sign up for a militia and bear arms in that capacity.

My prediction:
    The court will hold that the 2nd Amendment is an individual right and that “reasonable” gun control is ok. However, they will hold that THIS specific law is too restrictive.

paragon

I hope there is good news about this. It’s really just ridiculous to have our capital banning people from excercising a Constitutional right.

miriam

For the record, not all bored lawyers seek amusement by embroiling themselves in lawsuits concerning Constitutional rights.

Some of us just go shopping.

In fact, I think I hear Bloomingdale’s calling my name now…rofl2

quote stevetuna:

I believe that this case is going to result in good news for those of us who believe in the Constitution.

+1! I hope so…

brewerm

I live outside DC and the murder/shooting rate is VERY high. There are at least 2-4 shootings and victims every day, in a very small city! I don’t think this will change that statistic but there are probably going to be alot more “accidents” and suicides if this gets overturned. I do hope I am wrong

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: