Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lions2011

Anybody find hammer fist from the front a tad confussing. I had one instructor show me to start with my fists or hands facing forward and another one show me that it should start with my pinky facing forward.
    Not sure what is correct.

You start from your boxing guard postion but it seems you keep your hands a little farther out from your face ??

Do you have your fist lined up straight with your elbow as well during the set up.

Not sure of the technique. From the side and rear seems easier to grasp.

hicklinc

Re: Hammer fist??

the way i under stand it theres really no wrong way to the hammer fist there are many different angles for instance when you learn the elbows there are 7 i beleave but those are just sorta examples there are many diffent angles but i could be wrong about this im new to krav

kmky

the advantage of palm facing the target is you gain extra power with the torque.

your hands should stay the same distance from your face regardless of whether you are throwing a straight punch or a hammerfist. remember, your weapon (in this case the fist) always leads.

and yes, from the side & rear do seem easier to grasp.

jasjotbains

Frontal hammer is more easy but you can throw the fist at an angle,provided the target is not directly in front of you,else you might get an upper-cut by the time you land the fist 😉

lions2011

India.. they have Krav there???? Greetings!!!!!:woohoo::beer:

The first time I saw hammer fist i thought it was absurd. Now I realize how foolish I am.

The front hammer fist seems best for short range only. I think by doing double or triple hammer fist with the same hand works great too. This strike is really devasting and it causes very little harm to your hands.

Yes the palm is supposed to face forward. I think your supposed to cock the arm back a tad to get more power as well.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: