Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

Hey G.V.,

Where have you been? I thought we’d lost you…

g-v

Re:

Yo Giant, wot up. All healed up, I trust?

I’ve dropped krav, homegirl. Currently, I’m mixing up some ww2 combatives together with Rich Dimitri’s shredder concept. Doing my own thing as time allows.

anonymous

Dropped Krav, huh? Sorry to hear. Why? Not what you were looking for? How is the WWII combatives? Don’t tell me you dropped Israeli self-defense to instead learn how the Germans fought in the war? 😕 😆

Is this method practical for civilians or more about how to ride tanks and dig trenches? 😉 Do you do any weapons defenses and how do they compare to KM?

Yes, mostly healed up now, although yesterday, while exchanging gifts with my mom, I somehow pulled a leg muscle. Just the kind of weird stuff that would happen to me. 8)

g-v

Hey hey, all these questions, haha!

Giant, CLFmac’s mention of Carl Cestari here was what lead me to all that ww2 stuff (thanks, dude). It’s for shizzle some sound shit yo, chin jabs and low kicks…although I personally think hammer-fist striking is better than the traditional karate chop socky edge of hand stuff.
    Lookie here: http://www.gutterfighting.org/files/Kill_or_Get_Killed.pdf

I’m too distracted now for any sort of organized training, so am just doing it on my own, sporadically sparring with like-minded pals, working on stuff that I feel like working on, applying Bruce Lee’s zen wisdom of retaining the useful and discarding the not. I’m cultivating a rather large discard pile, it seems. 😆

I got into open-hand striking of late, so am dong quite a bit of that.

kravmdjeff

GV- \”Bruce Lee’s zen wisdom.\” Nice. Not sure if you know this, but the KM symbol (see top right of the screen) has openings at the top and bottom of the circle to symbolize the same perspective.

anonymous

Okay, trying to download right now, seems to take a while. Yes, I remember CLFMak talking about WWII combatives. Haven’t read the thing yet, but I was wondering how applicable it would be for civilians, if for combat in wars it would generally be assumed that the soldier carries weapons and wears some type of armor. Also, why is it that WWII combatives are popular, but no one seems to talk about WWI or other wars? Wouldn’t they have used similar tactics in those wars, or even better ones (less aircraft and bombs available in WWI, so maybe more hand to hand combat)?

anonymous

440 pages, no wonder the little devil took so long to load! Very interesting, though. Haven’t gotten a chance to read it all yet, but I’ll look at it more closely over the next couple of days.

g-v

Yo. Yeh, all the hand to hand stuff is way applicable to civies. It’s a military manual though, so there’s also a bunch of stuff there not for the average joe reading it for self defense. Still interesting stuff, though.

There’s a chapter there, General Communist Tactics in Formation of Mobs and Creation of Disorders. 😆

g-v

Re:

quote \”KravMDjeff\:

GV- \”Bruce Lee’s zen wisdom.\” Nice. Not sure if you know this, but the KM symbol (see top right of the screen) has openings at the top and bottom of the circle to symbolize the same perspective.

Cool.
    I’ve come up with some stuff that’s seems to work for me. I just started attacking my bag…keeping note of what my body prefers to do, and mainly focus on training that.

anonymous

I don’t know if you’ve still been reading the forum, but some time ago someone posted a link to old film footage (60 years old or so) of soldiers training in these methods (against gun and knife and bear hug). The footage was on youtube. Don’t remember what the thread was called, but maybe you can search for it here or on youtube. Could be interesting for you.

anonymous

Oh, and happy Hajj to all our Muslim friends, who are making the journey this year!

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: