Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sunnysd

I have been advised quite strongly on another thread about what does *not* constitute a defense against a head butt, this being the one handed front choke defense with a simultaneous heel strike to the chin.

It seems to me, that if someone sneaks into your personal space, and is clever about delivering this attack, then it is almost impossible to defend against, the way a close range, surprise knife attack is.

Any thoughts on this?

ryan

I think you’re absolutely correct. If you’d screwed up and let someone this close to you without pre-empting them, your best best is to tuck your chin. The real answer, of course, is don’t be there, but…

anonymous

If you did let someone in that close, tuck your chin, exposing the top of your head so he gets hurt to, if he head butts you, and place a forearm across his neck to prevent the butt.

ryan

There’s no time for the forearm across the neck. If you could do that, you could do virtually any high-line strike. Tucking the chin is your best bet, if you’ve allowed them inside.

anonymous

Re:

quote \”Ryan\:

There’s no time for the forearm across the neck. If you could do that, you could do virtually any high-line strike. Tucking the chin is your best bet, if you’ve allowed them inside.

My suggestion was if you were in a clinch, not if he was already inside up close, like in a bear hug. Perhaps I Should have elaborated.

sunnysd

Thanks guys, I appreciate it, tucking the chin, that makes sense and I hadn’t known of that.

Of course, like Ryan said avoid such places!

clfmak

I’ve been in a situation where I was about to be hit by someone head first in the face at full running speed without time to use the arms. I tucked my chin and his face hit my hairline and afterwards it didn’t hurt at all- but he was out of it. Tucking the chin is also a very natural reaction.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: