Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

Sometimes after class, I get a headache 😯 . I rarely ever get them otherwise. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing them, dehydration perhaps? Thanks for you replies

superhawk

Yes, I’ve experienced the same thing; after a really strenuous class or back to back classes.

While I thought originally it might be related to dehydration, I suspect now that it could be related to OVER-hydration causing electrolyte imbalance (this diagnosis from my father-in -aw who is an internist) – I was basically pounding too much water and gatorade.

I’ve moderated my liquids intake and so far have had decent results the past few times.

Just one date point, your mileage may vary..;-)

anonymous

Thanks SuperHawk.
    I have been drinking an electolyte drink at class, I’ll try going to straight water and see if that helps! I just got back from a 2 hour boot camp and drank a 1 liter bottle of electrolyte drink and a liter bottle of water so we’ll see what happens 😕 I sweat a LOT So I always wanted to stay hydrated, maybe I am over-hydrating. Again, Thank you for the tip, I’ll try playing with my water intake.

anonymous

I’ve never gotten a headache after class. Well, sometimes, after fight class, after having received a huge punch/kick to the head or something, but not usually.

anonymous

Re:

quote \”Giantkiller\:

I’ve never gotten a headache after class. Well, sometimes, after fight class, after having received a huge punch/kick to the head or something, but not usually.

It’s not from that, for me. I get them even when I don’t take shots to the head.But not every time. just twice so far.

lowend

It could be a migraine related headache.
    Basically as your neck muscles contract (maybe from tucking your chin) The blood vessels to your brain get constricted. Your brain sees this and goes into panic mode, expanding the blood vessels all the way and causing an over saturation of blood to the brain.
    In short a Migraine

As far as treating it goes… well we aren’t too good with those yet.
    Perhaps a Bromelin before class to help keep muscles loose.
    And Imitrex (perscription) during class will treat them afterwords… but probably not the best solution in the long term

kravmdjeff

I usually get headaches after I hold the kickshield for knees for a long period of time.

anonymous

Well, I drank less water before/during class last night, No HEADACHE! I’ll see what happens at the noon class today…

Well It seems to have worked, less water=no headache!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: