Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pfsfan

Anyone have any recommendations on which headgear to purchase? We are wanting to make training as realistic as possible, so the gear must be able to withstand full elbow strikes, headbutts, etc.

Thanks

don

Re: Headgear

“full elbow strikes, headbutts, etc.”

maybe a football helmet and some hockey elbow pads… maybe…

kmman

If you come up too high with your elbows in football its a penalty. Thats for the player’s safety so I dont think repeated elbows would be saefly protected by a football helmet. Same with headbutts.

Boxing headgear is designed to absorb punches with gloves on.

With full elbows you might need a neck stabalizer and something made of metal to protect.

Once the student population is reduced to zero, you will not need the equipment anymore.

don

Agreed. I should have made it a little more clear my answer was half facetious. You have to balance safety and realism. Any time you train full head shots, you run the risk of concussive episodes – there isn’t a helmet/head protector made that can prevent your brain from rattling around inside your skull. If you are only concerned about external/surface injuries, then take a look at full coverage helmets made by FIST, Redman w/cage, High Gear, etc…

pfsfan

Im sorry, I should of been more clear. I meant full contact. As in contacting with the body part, but we wouldn’t obviously go at it 100%. I agree, I don’t feel like hurting my partner. haha I’ll look at the brands that were mentioned.

Thanks

unstpabl1

the thais practice elbows w/o headgear in the clinch work. Kinda like playing tag with elbows. light contact but still OUCHIE

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: