Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Headgear & Shin Guards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ds314

I’ve been searching the sites mention looking for headgear and shin guards. I have a few questions. I notice that some shin guards have padding wrapped in cloth and then other shin guards are plastic. Which are better or does it matter. It looks like the cloth shin guards would fit better without slipping as much but look harder to put on and take off. The plastic ones look bulkier but guessing that they are more protective.

The same thing with headgear. Some come in leather, some are foam plastic. Some have facemasks. What do I really need for protection. What price should I expect to pay.

Thanks-Dave

kvmorl

Re: Headgear & Shin Guards

I would highly suggest you get a headgear with grip material on the inside. When you sweat it makes hell of a difference.

ds314

Could you recommend some headgear with grip material?

Thanks!

parishd

I bought Title leather headgear with a chin guard. I sweat a lot and I’ve taken some pretty good hits in it, but when it is fastened snugly I don’t have a problem with it sliding around.

For shin guards I bought the kind that are foam padding inside ballistic nylon. A lot of the others have hard plastic shin guards with foam on the inside. The problem, if you want to call it that, is that my guards seem to provide equal protection to the kicker and kickee, while the hard plastic guards protect the kicker much more than the kickee. If I were to buy them again, I’d probably go for the hard plastic.

brewerm

Any reccomendations as far as manufacturer? What about the leather on the outside? Can I get anybodys opinion.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: