Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Heard of Moti Horenstein?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    wim

The Hebrew Hammer they call him. I’d never heard of him before a little Krav Maga post on sherdog.com (surprisingly positive, for the most part):

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=223696

I found this page on him:

http://www.geocities.com/kravmagagolem/moti.html

Way to go! Any one else know anything about him?

jaeroo

I heard he was a karate practitioner when I saw him in the UFC. He never mentioned any Krav Maga. He might have won one match and then lost the other. From how I’ve seen him perform in the UFC, it showed he had little or no ground game then. He’s more of a striker or standup fighter.

prowler

It’s funny how usually one of the first things you see on a KM thread is the \”kicking a gun out of someone’s hand? omg wtf mcdojo\” thing 😀

incognito
    quote :

Loss Alexandre Ferreira Submission (Keylock) 2H2H 1-2 Hot 2 Handle 3/5/2000
    Loss Bob Schrijber Submission (Punches) AAC 2-Amsterdam Absolute Championship 2 11/27/1999
    Win Patrick Smith KO BRI 2-Bas Rutten Invitational 2 4/24/1999
    Loss Bob Schrijber KO AAC 1-Amsterdam Absolute Championship 1 10/25/1998
    Loss Oleg Taktarov Submission (Kneebar) NF-National Freesparring 2/21/1998
    Loss Mark Kerr TKO UFC 14-Showdown 7/27/1997
    Loss Mark Coleman Submission (Strikes) UFC 10-The Tournament 7/12/1996

He KO’d Patrick Smith, who was pretty tough back then, but lost all 6 of his other fights. To his credit, though, the guys he lost to were all badasses.

jaceon

Moti is the chief instructor of Survival Hisardut (another Isreali style) He has currently been touring the East with Rohn and Mike Kanarek teaching the Isreali threesome, or something like that.

He is amazing if you have ever seen him strike. Unbelievable fighter,

I believe he is based out of Fla. now

dugfoot

I first saw Moti and his brother, Dimor, in the Shidokan tournaments. Both are very good fighters and would probably excell against those Moti lost too if they competed against him in the Shidokan. I give Moti alot of credit for going outside his comfort zone and competing against the best on their turf. At one time Moti also held the ISKA world heavywieght Muay Thai title, so he’s no pushover.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: