Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Hello From Maine

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    hm2pac

I live in Downeast Maine.

There are no KM schools to date in Maine. A friend and I are using Mr. Levine’s book to learn the basics. We will also be traveling every few weeks to Massachusetts to train with an instructor.

So far the training is very good, however since it’s just the 2 of us, it’s also very limited. We are looking to expand the size of our group down the road.

I look forward to meeting and getting to know you folks.

HM2PAC

mara-jade

Re: Hello From Maine

Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you’re doing great. Are you using The Complete Krav Maga Book or the new beginner one that just came out? I’ve got both and the beginner’s ones got the extra meat for newbies.

It’s great you’re going to a center to get some training. The books are great but they don’t beat getting live instruction and help with tweaking your moves. Please feel free to ask questions – we all started as newbies..heck sometimes I still feel like onerofl2

Best wishes on your training:wav:

hm2pac

Thanx Mara,

We have The Complete Krav Maga. If I had known the Beginner book had more meat, I’d have bought that. Marketing got me….”complete” sounded as though it had the beginner AND more advanced.

mara-jade

quote HM2PAC:

Thanx Mara,

We have The Complete Krav Maga. If I had known the Beginner book had more meat, I’d have bought that. Marketing got me….”complete” sounded as though it had the beginner AND more advanced.

Oh don’t misunderstand me. The Complete KM book has the moves for ALL levels up to brown belt. Ryan explained to me that book originally was meant for those already training in KM. The Beginner book really breaks it down for newbies – warm ups, exercises, how to wrap your hands, equipment if you’re gonna train by yourself, etc. Just FYI – not every move is in there (no need since there’s the Complete KM book). I have it and it’s really good.

Don’t confuse the 2 – they really compliment each otherthumbsup

hm2pac

Gotcha….that makes good sense.

Hello & Welcome.

hm2pac

Re: Hello From Maine UPDATE

My friends and I have been keeping up with our Krav for about a year now. We practice at least twice a week, and I’m on the heavy-bag practicing strikes and “Retsev” whenever I can. we try to make our training close to a real KM class, with warm-ups, intense exercise for about 15-20 minutes, (ususally a calisthenic CF WOD), and then pad work before we get into wht we want to work on for combatives.

This upcoming Friday I’ll be traveling to New Hampshire for my 1st real krav Maga class. I’ll be going to Salem Self Defense, which I found on the main-page location finder. Does anyone know anything about their school?

I am in good physical condition. CrossFit WOD’s 4-5 times a week, as well as swimming at lunch when I can, and hopefully some cycling soon when it is warm enough. With all that and the Krav practice and HvyBag training, I feel pretty well prepared for class. Hopefully I won’t be puking:razz::razz:

Re: Hello From Maine UPDATE

I do not know how long ago you posted this, but there is now a school in Maine. Krav Maga Maine…Here is the link http://kravmagamaine.com/ hope this helped

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: