Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Hello im very very sore

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    elliottj1

Hello,
    Yesterday i started a krav maga class and i followed along and the exercises were intense and really hard for me to do but i carried on and put all the effort i could into it…i woke up today and every muscle is extremly sore and i have no strength..i am looking to get fit and lose weight but how long till i can do it without being so sore in the morning
    thanks,
    Elliott

mara-jade

Re: Hello im very very sore

Welcome to the forum,

Happens to everyone the first time..just let your body rest and after awhile training, it won’t even bug ya. When that happens, time to jack up your training:wav:

jjbklb

At least you didn’t throw up in class.So that’s a plus.

kmman

I nearly passed out my first class and did all I could not to throw up. You’ll be fine. It really tells you HOW MUCH you need to be there!

Give it a day or two then get back to class. It will all work itself out eventually. Kind of a right of passage. You’ll enjoy watching it happen to others if you stick with it long enough.

tomo

Considering that I was a gym-rat long before I took up Krav I would like to say my first day was just another day.

Unfortunately the fact is that I found out how lacking I was in the cardio dept. ;):

garddawg

It bothers me, a lot, that you included you have no strength. Depends on the exercises you did. If they had a heavy eccentric component you could be headed for real trouble. It is very rare, but with workouts that have a heavy eccentric component, such as jumping squats, or clapping push ups, kettlebell swings, downhill running a person not used to intense training can develop rhabdomyolysis. Signs are:
    Extreme Soreness
    Extreme Weakness
    Discolored (Very dark or brown color. An “Oh my God that’s not right color”)

Adults always present all three symptoms. Teens rarely do.

By discolored he means urine. Rhabdo is no joke; we had two Marines and a Sailor develop it because they were jumping into Crossfit workouts that were far above their level. Being sore the next day after workouts isn’t a big deal but if you can’t extend your arms or legs to full extension, urinate a coffee or sweet tea color or you can’t even grip your pants to pull them up you need to go to the ER. It can be lethal due to the kidney damage you may suffer. Go at your pace, warm up and stretch. Additionally, check out http://www.mobilitywod.com/ for some cool ways to help your joints and muscles recover from workouts. Def warm up, stretch and drink a ton of water.

dend123

Its normal!!

I started my first class yesterday, and i am sore tooo!!! We are in the same boat.

don

Wait until you get older – you get (really) sore 2-3 days later and it lasts for a week! :OhMy:

Ibuprofen is my best friend (although my liver might disagree)…

I built up a tolerance to motrin, I’ve taken so much of it in the 8 years I was active duty I sweat and bleed it 😀 Ok, I really haven’t built up a tolerance, but I choose a different pain medication about every six months or so.

unstpabl1

The workout pain usually peaks around day 3. The problem is most people get sore then sit around waiting for the soreness to go away. This proloongs it. get your ass moving the next day. In most cases pain is weakness leaving your body. You can either cowboy up or wimp out. Icing your body aides in recovery. As an old athlete I bring an ice bag with me. guys use to laugh but a few do it now as well. It also keeps my drinks cold

tomo

quote unstpabl1:

The workout pain usually peaks around day 3. The problem is most people get sore then sit around waiting for the soreness to go away. This proloongs it. get your ass moving the next day. In most cases pain is weakness leaving your body. You can either cowboy up or wimp out. Icing your body aides in recovery. As an old athlete I bring an ice bag with me. guys use to laugh but a few do it now as well. It also keeps my drinks cold

^^^
    ThisX2

Worst thing in the world you can do for D.O.M.S. is to sit around “resting”. You don’t have to head straight into another workout but you do need to keep in motion otherwise it will get worse.

I’ve got to tell you that my muscle soreness departed after about a month of KM. It seemed like every week I used a new set of muscles that I didn’t know I had. Ibuprofen helped the muscular soreness, but what I realized after the muscle pain disappeared was that my 50-year-old joints just weren’t working the way they used to. A few weeks ago I started taking a glucosamine/ chondroitin supplement and I’m happy to report that the joint pain has vanished. :woohoo:

jjbklb

After your next Krav class,go home & do a 15 minute soak in cold water,preferably with some ice dumped in.You’ll be amazed at how much less muscle inflammation you’ll be bothered with.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: