Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Help Needed for a Krav Promo

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    jaspthecat

hi all

At the club I attend, we’re putting together a promo video to post on our website to attract new members.

We’re trying to think of some good ideas (something a bit realistic looking) and I remember that when I first started researching Krav that there were quite a few promos out there on the net, but alas I can’t find them.

Does anyone have any good ideas or have any favourite links to Krav promos.

thanks in advance

Re: Help Needed for a Krav Promo

As you’ll be essentially making an advert you’ll probably need to think of what represents your club and what will capture the interest of who you think might be your potential new members & get them to come down and train. Build the golden bridge.

I recall seeing a KM school ad – I think from Texas (?) which depicted various scenarios people might encounter & the KM ‘solution’ – filmed and edited in a fairly professional way. Seemed good. Having women kicking a$$ in the footage made it more powerful & perhaps appealing to all genders IMO as well.

My pet peeve with certain KM vids on youtube is the addition of hyper aggressive-sounding music tracks!

(Spoken like a true senior citizen…)

Some quotes from the greatest ad-man of all time – David Ogilvie:

A good advertisement is one which sells the product without drawing attention to itself.
    David Ogilvy

Advertising is only evil when it advertises evil things.
    David Ogilvy

Advertising reflects the mores of society, but it does not influence them.
    David Ogilvy

Can advertising foist an inferior product on the consumer? Bitter experience has taught me that it cannot. On those rare occasions when I have advertised products which consumer tests have found inferior to other products in the same field, the results have been disastrous.
    David Ogilvy

Every advertisement should be thought of as a contribution to the complex symbol which is the brand image.
    David Ogilvy

Good copy can’t be written with tongue in cheek, written just for a living. You’ve got to believe in the product.
    David Ogilvy

I do not regard advertising as entertainment or an art form, but as a medium of information.
    David Ogilvy

I have a theory that the best ads come from personal experience. Some of the good ones I have done have really come out of the real experience of my life, and somehow this has come over as true and valid and persuasive.
    David Ogilvy

Develop your eccentricities while you are young. That way, when you get old, people won’t think you’re going gaga.
    David Ogilvy

Don’t bunt. Aim out of the ball park. Aim for the company of immortals.
    David Ogilvy

Was looking around a bit for the one I mentioned but didn’t come across it – here is the main promo clip from the KMWW website though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTQcOj8eO-g

What a relief to not hear screeching angry music in the soundtrack.

Who will be the first to be like Stanley Kubrick in Space Odyssey 2001 and use classical music? Lol…as if that’d work in a KM vid.

jaspthecat

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Good idea about including women in the promo, we probably only have 2 female regulars in our club which is a shame as the benefits of Krav to females is great.

What we are thinking so far is depicting scenarios of ‘common’ assaults. One shoot will be of the poor victim getting a pasting and the other shoot will be identical with the only difference now being that the ‘victim’ is a ‘Kravaneer’ and takes out his assailants before making a rapid escape.

We will probably do a few ‘action’ shots in the club as well, show a bit of sparring and someone going full tilt on a kick shield. All filmed of course at jaunty angles.

Not quite decided on the music as yet. How about a bit of Death Metal?

Nothing like a bit of Death Metal to add some family appeal!

One of my faves in this genre is Cannibal Corpse – appearing here in perhaps their finest video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2PzagXsD0Y

And something more for the younger kids from Cryptopsy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKGiOY72ru4

thinkmike

never hurts to use law enforcement statistics.

# of muggings
    # of murders

average response time to an emergency call (that is if you can make one)

And the ever popular. “Don’t become a statistic” 🙂

UK perspective:

Knife crime:KM has solutions to various knife attacks & threats

Random street violence / drink-fueled yob culture: KM provides effective & easy to learn solutions to common assault scenarios including multiple attackers.

jaspthecat

Thanks all for the advice.

I will post it up when it’s finished.

kirsten

Word of advice: If you want to appeal to women- They generally don’t care about safety (well not us KM girls obviously), we know the rape statistics. We also know that the majority of assaults come at the hands of the people we know and trust the most. Scary statistics don’t work or the obesity rate would be much lower in the USA. What we care about is the size of our butts in our fav jeans! You want more women, then highlight the “fun fitness” side of the training in the video as well… so its not just a fantastic workout, but its fun AND you get in the BEST shape of your life. For me, I would chose a better selection of music… think up beat not screaming metal. But its just IMO.

Good luck and I am excited to see how it all turns out regardless! Technology is so amazing now… you can produce a high quality video without the need of an overpriced production studio.. Well so long as you have a good editor to make it professional. =)

thinkmike

kristen is right. do 2 promos. 1 for safety. 1 for the shape you will get in and how “not boring” the workouts are. 🙂

inky

My personal tastes lean more towrds Agro-tech or ultra heavy beat delux.
    Check out Body beats by Chombichrist, Professional killer by KMFDM
    Parasitic by Cyclon nine, also perhaps something alt-victorian gothic like emily autumns, liar ,dead is the new alive?. Not to heavy on the metel side and not droning techno beats either.

Cheers!

kior

I wouldn’t go for any death metal personally, I like it but a lot of people don’t. Whatever you do though DON’T use the ‘mortal kombat’ theme song OR ‘bodies’ by drowning pool because both those songs have been caned too hard by martial arts videos!

jaspthecat

Thanks for the advice, I especially like the idea of two approaches thanks Kirsten.

The idea of death metal was said tongue in cheek, but thanks for the concern 🙂

Too funny – ‘come train in KM & make your butt look great! The most efficient butt-toning system on Earth’

Please anyone reading this: no more Drowning Pool ‘Bodies’ as soundtrack…bring me a sick bag!…

I love this ladies & KM perspective – I’d never have guessed….lol to the max.

Thnx Kirsten..

On another note – for some editing tips check out the masterpiece ‘The Room’ from cinematic genius Tommy Wiseau

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ4KzClb1C4

(tongue in cheek alert)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: