Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Here’s one for you… Defense in a sleeping bag!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    bull1189

Re: Here’s one for you… Defense in a sleeping bag!

I’m thinking bear spray works on people too. At least when I’m in a national park, that is my plan – although admittedly not from inside a tent. BTW, the National Park Service is reviewing a proposal to allow chl carriers to take weapons with them into parks. It is a real pain up here because you have national forrests, BLM lands and national parks all overlapping. You can have a weapon in the former two, but not in the latter.

Bull189 – We have the same problem here. It sort of sucks because so many of the trails I like to hike go through portions of all 3. Oh, yeah, add to that list the Federal Wilderness Areas!

jburtonpdx

quote Bull1189:

I’m thinking bear spray works on people too. At least when I’m in a national park, that is my plan – although admittedly not from inside a tent. BTW, the National Park Service is reviewing a proposal to allow chl carriers to take weapons with them into parks. It is a real pain up here because you have national forrests, BLM lands and national parks all overlapping. You can have a weapon in the former two, but not in the latter.

Bear Spray is cool! Since Im not going to arm a 13 year old (man Im gettin old if my kids are that old….) I bought a couple cans of certified Bear Repellent! Figure if its good enough to keep yogi out of my picknick baskets it should be good enough to protect my girls from the neighborhood baddies…

Not sure I would want to be inside that tent when its gettin sprayed though…

Yeah I have been following that issue about CHL’s in national parks and keeping my fingers crossed (of course I have written a couple of letters as well)

First, make sure to booby trap the immediate area around your tent so you don’t get snuck up on. I mean nasty stuff, too. Not just some nice noise making apparatus, like cans strung up to go off if anyone trips the wire. But broken glass, boards with nails in them sitting right outside the flap, that kind of stuff.
    Of course, most people aren’t going to assume they need to do that. But my guess is that if you gotta ask what you’d do in a situation like that, you’d be better off thinking about how not get into a situation like that.
    HA!

bull1189

quote Nickolas Cook:

First, make sure to booby trap the immediate area around your tent so you don’t get snuck up on. I mean nasty stuff, too. Not just some nice noise making apparatus, like cans strung up to go off if anyone trips the wire. But broken glass, boards with nails in them sitting right outside the flap, that kind of stuff.

But what happens if you gotta get up and pee and you forget. . .

kmcat

quote Nickolas Cook:

… But broken glass, boards with nails in them sitting right outside the flap, that kind of stuff. …

Can you get lightweight styrofoam boards with titanium nails and shards of broken lexan bottles to save the weight packing all that in?

quote KMCat:

Can you get lightweight styrofoam boards with titanium nails and shards of broken lexan bottles to save the weight packing all that in?

Or you could go native and use sharpened sticks or stones with a chipped edge.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: