Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Hi From Denver

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    irish

Hey all, I actually take my first class tonight. I’m terrified that I’l be puking in a trash can as I am wicked out of shape. Exited to learn though.

Brian

kylestyle913

Re: Hi From Denver

Irish, Don’t worry. You just might puke. but as long as you make it to the trash can it’s ok. I made it all the way to the bathroom when i puked at my first class. But seriously, just go out there and take it at your own pace, nobody will judge you.
    stay safe,
    kyle

magamike

Welcome – where are you training at? I go to the Larimer St. location (a branch of James and Shannon’s KM school) and will be there tonight as well. Usually I don’t go on Fridays, but I missed classes this week due to a business trip.

Two things that are going to challenge you on the first class. First, the warmup routine. But it doesn’t last that long, and after the warmup you go into a stretching routine, so you’ll get a chance to catch your breath before instruction begins – so just hang in there. Second, the striking drills. They are designed to both train, but also exhaust you to test your ability to perform the self-defense techniques they show you under fatigue/stress. Just take it easy when striking (at least until you get used to it) – you don’t have to go 100% power on every hit, put some healthy intent into your punches/kicks but don’t completely waste yourself.

Good luck!

irish

quote MagaMike:

Welcome – where are you training at? I go to the Larimer St. location (a branch of James and Shannon’s KM school) and will be there tonight as well. Usually I don’t go on Fridays, but I missed classes this week due to a business trip.

Two things that are going to challenge you on the first class. First, the warmup routine. But it doesn’t last that long, and after the warmup you go into a stretching routine, so you’ll get a chance to catch your breath before instruction begins – so just hang in there. Second, the striking drills. They are designed to both train, but also exhaust you to test your ability to perform the self-defense techniques they show you under fatigue/stress. Just take it easy when striking (at least until you get used to it) – you don’t have to go 100% power on every hit, put some healthy intent into your punches/kicks but don’t completely waste yourself.

Good luck!

Yeah, that’s where I’ll be. I’m bringing my boss Robyn too. How many people are usulally there on Friday? What is the monthy fee BTW. I intend to stick with this.

magamike

quote irish:

Yeah, that’s where I’ll be. I’m bringing my boss Robyn too. How many people are usulally there on Friday? What is the monthy fee BTW. I intend to stick with this.

I’ll PM you with more on this.

irish

quote MagaMike:

I’ll PM you with more on this.

Thanks man.

irish

Well…I lived. I’m also addicted. I need a shower. I think I may have tasted my lungs. Amazing. Sorry I didn’t get to meet you Mike, next time.

mara-jade

quote irish:

Hey all, I actually take my first class tonight. I’m terrified that I’l be puking in a trash can as I am wicked out of shape. Exited to learn though.

Brian

Welcome to the forum!

Hope you had fun in class thumbsup

kirsten

Welcome! Glad you enjoyed it!!

magamike

quote irish:

Well…I lived. I’m also addicted. I need a shower. I think I may have tasted my lungs. Amazing. Sorry I didn’t get to meet you Mike, next time.

Ha ha! Good job!

I actually didn’t end up going last night, I started getting sick and I was all horse and coughing and I didn’t want to infect somebody. It just seems rude to swap sweat and get up in people’s faces so close when you are sick. But it was a bummer to miss an entire week of classes. I’ll be back on Monday, though hopefully.

jenn

quote irish:

Congratulations! You survived a James class. He is one fierce instructor. Glad you liked it. And just wait til Monday when you get Tony. rofl2

irish

quote Jenn:

Congratulations! You survived a James class. He is one fierce instructor. Glad you liked it. And just wait til Monday when you get Tony. rofl2

Super…I just signed on for 15 months.:Surprised:

tinykrav

quote :

Super…I just signed on for 15 months.

Oh you’re really in for it now… LOL!!

It’s great fun. And a lot of work!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: