Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums hi from gainesville

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    nate2010

im working on my second month of Krav… been hitting it 6 days a week. really enjoying getting beaten into shape. im not seeing many people from florida on the boards here. anyone else in the area??

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Re: hi from gainesville

Theres a bunch of FL guys~

pitong

hello. i’m interested in learning more about krav maga. i live just north of gainesville, fl and wondered about school location, times, cost, etc. where do you study?

nate2010

Hey, I used to live in lake city. Theres only 1 krav school in gainesville, its @ a karate america off of 76th street, very close to the newberry exit on 75. I’ve got the number around here somewhere, ill try to find it and post it. awesome instructor and class though.

nate2010

oh and krav classes run from 8pm to 9pm mon-thurs plus noon classes on wed. and friday. and friday 7-8 we do a grappling/mma-ish class.. its about 100$ a month, but thats unlimited gym time. myself and another guy come in between classes on thurs and friday for even more pain alot of the times, so for me its well worth it.

guitarded

I was just searching on google to see if there happened to be a Krav Maga class over here and to my surprise there is one! What is a class session normally like? I’m definitely interested in this..thumbsup

silas

Our usual class starts out with some stretching/chatting and slow jumping jacks all for about 3 minutes. The next 42 minutes are nothing but pouring sweat and trembling muscles. Combinations of muscle training strike/kick excercises and aerobic workouts all mixed together. The last 15-20 minutes we work on the more complicated moves, choke defenses ect. Our school does grappling as a separate 1 hour class following that is included in the Krav fee but ive never seen more than 5 people show up and usually only 1 or 2 of us are from the krav class before. Grappling class is a mix of BJJ JJJ and judo and is taught with the particular students goals in mind, so if someone is looking to compete they are taught with competition in mind, or if self defense is the goal (as in my case) the ground stuff is taught to end the opponant quickly and brutally or to break away and get back to your feet.

nate2010

Classes in Gainesville are about the same..about 5 minutes of light warmup/stretching, a pretty intense 5-10 minute anaerobic workout, all bodyweight, but veeeery high intensity. then usually striking drills and such for 20-30 mins. then some sort of self defense..starting easy and working your way to multiple attacker etc. then usually some sort of burnout drill for the last 5 mins or so.. its a hell of a workout.

chowonpow

Hi!
    I realize your post is an old one but i’m hoping you’re still out there… I am so pumped to begin my Krav Maga training at the facility here in Gainesville but their site has no decent info, no one answers the phone, and the contact email is bogus. are you still studying there or know anyone that is? I need info from somewhere… thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: