Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Welcome Forums Hi, From Ontario, Oregon

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    d-bain

Hi there,
    I just wanted to drop a thread and say hi, I am new at this forum stuff and just found out what a “thread” was the other day.rofl2A little about me, I am a Master Defensive Tactics Instructor with the Snake River Correctional Institution in Ontario, Oregon. I have been there for 12 years. I am also with the Payette County Reserve Deputy. I worked there for 6 years prior to coming to the “Big House”. I am still a certified LE Deputy and enjoy patrolling every chance I get, or every chance my wife will let me go out and play thumbsup.
    At SRCI, I have 7 Instructors who I assist with in-service certification. Between the 8 of us we are responsible for teaching Defensive tactics to 575 officers and 200 security plus staff (Maint,physical plant ect). I am extremely excited to implement Krav Maga as our new DT system. I went through the 40 hour LE Instructor Certification course tought by Jon Pascal last March. The class was held in Junction City Oregon and was put on by Kirsten Zulyevic and Oneness Fish. All three of them were wonderful/Dynamic Instructors. They were gracious hosts kravmagaor.com and made all of us feel like family. bow1It was the hardest week of instruction I have ever been through, what a blast. The Force training Division challenge coin was worth every bruise. I am looking forward to talking with every one and reading the sage advice on this forum.

Resepectfuly,

Dan Bain

mara-jade

Re: Hi, From Ontario, Oregon

Welcome Dan!

Great to have you on board as part of the KM family. Ah, gotta love the pain:D:

Best wishes on your future training!:wav:

d-bain

Thank you, I am looking forward to it…
    :):

udjat

Welcome my rain soaked brother, nice to see another Oregonian about.

-Eric

kirsten

DAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!! :woohoo: I am so excited your here posting and contributing to the KM/FTD community! Hope to see you soon, we have a TON of LE stuf planned this year… so stay tuned! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you for your force training!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Hey Dan~

Welcome

d-bain

Thanks, Our rain over here turns to snow, we have about 2 feet so far. I have a sone that is going to Boise State this year so I went out and bought a snow blower….lol…I have heard that people in your neck of the woods loose control if it snows more than a couple of inches..lol. It is however, very green and pretty over there. talk to ya latter,

Dan.

d-bain

bow1Thanks, Sean.
    I enjoy reading your posts, you have wise sage advice for us just starting out. Keep em coming.

Dan.

d-bain

Thank you Kirsten, BTW I just received the Complete Krav Maga book in the mail, holy crap it has allot of information. I love the pictures and the break down. I am looking into going to Meridian or Boise 2X per week very soon to train at there facility. I sure wish I lived closer to your neck of the woods. I haven’t looked Into what they have to offer yet. I am hoping it is KMWW compatible. I think there is someone on this forum that is from the Boise area. I will make contact with him and pick his brain for the goods on the KM School. It’s worth the 120 mile round trip on my 1600 Kawasaki Nomad to advance in KM….:woohoo:

Dan

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote D. Bain:

bow1Thanks, Sean.
    I enjoy reading your posts, you have wise sage advice for us just starting out. Keep em coming.

Dan.

Shhh don’t tell anyone you’ll ruin the image. I’m mean and scary mean and scary!!!!!

kirsten

yeah… ggrrr… scary CJ’s Dad… :box:

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

quote Kirsten:

yeah… ggrrr… scary CJ’s Dad… :box:

a face only a mother could love

d-bain

Brother, your secret is safe with me….err…us……thumbsup

Dan….

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: