Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Hillary Swank Krav Maga Plug

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jay99

Someone mentioned to me that Hillary Swank was talking about KM at some point during the Oscars last night.

Did anyone see it live ? Or has anyone come across it on you tube?

I am curious to know what kind of press we got.

ali

Re: Hillary Swank Krav Maga Plug

I saw it! It was on the Oscars red carpet pre-show on E!. Yes, I watch E!. Anyway, she was doing a red carpet interview with Ryan Seacrest – who said he’d heard she was taking this thing called ‘Krav Maga’ (he didn’t totally slaughter the pronunciation, but close) – and she explained what it was, and said she loves it – that it’s a lot of fun and a great workout.

It was pretty cool.

And her dress was gorgeous, too 🙂

jay99

That is great!!!

Thanks!

jay99

http://www.eonline.com/videos/index.jsp

She is at 7:59

Glowing endorsement!

Boy, I bet my Krav class is going to be full tonight.

ali

I got SOOOO excited, I’m jumping around my living room going “She does Krav! They just talked about Krav!” I am a dork.

You can’t get a better person for endorsement, though – I mean, Hilary Swank is gorgeous and a bad-ass. I mean, Million Dollar Baby? Wow.

kmtakinkm

The mention is in the Oscar Red Carpet Recap Pt 2.

The one that showed up on my link is “When Bussy attacks”. What a looser. Hillary should have kneed him in the groin.

alamocitykid

I wonder where she trains. Maybe I will audition as permanent bag holder.

miriam

quote Alamocitykid:

I wonder where she trains. Maybe I will audition as permanent bag holder.

Let me jump in here …. I was **AHEM*** there the day she signed up at the NTC in West LA. We were rather surprised but very excited that she was looking for training in addition to the boxing she learned for Million Dollar Baby. HOWEVER, like many of the celebs who train through WLA, I have never seen her in class. My guess is she’s either training during the day when we “regular folk” work, or she’s doing privates.

giant-killer

The only celeb I’ve ever seen taking regular classes at the NTC was Jim Belushi. He used to be in our groundfighting class, but then he disappeared. My assumption is that he got scared, after sparring with me once. :):

Hilary was great, everyone else was taking about wardrobe and she started talking about kicking ass. Nice! thumbsup

I saw her really early one day last summer. Private lesson with John Whitman.

dkatman

I saw her that same day. I saw them working out. I figured she was studying for a new role. Being a native, it is illegal to be starstruck. I smiled and said “Hi” like she was anyone else, but paid no extra attention.

Of course, I have not woken up early enough to be at the center that early since, although it was a great way to start the day.

giant-killer

quote NewKravAddict:

I saw her really early one day last summer. Private lesson with John Whitman.

Privates, huh? Lucky her! Although, I suppose she’ll miss out on the multiple attacker weapons drills…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: