Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

After doing some snoopin’ and poopin’ on the net and such and getting to go down to the school last week to check it out, I just got into my first class tonight.

Awesome!!!

My question is what is there for me to do at home to bring myself up to speed?

I need to work on thease major areas:
    My Cardio of course is not as it was before.

My wrists are sore, I wore the Wraps but still think I need to develop some wrist strength.

I sure dont do puch ups the way I used to thats for sure.

—————————————–

Assume I am the average mid 30’s dude, work long hours, have little money or time, used to be in great shape young full of piss and viniger and then life cought up to me and gave me the ‘ole one two.

I have some major shin splints from the Corps and am surrounded by hills, throwing on the running shoes and doing some left right left is not exactly in the stars for me at the moment.

Thanks.

blindfold

Re: Home work

Well, Remember, water & breathing.

If you can jog, great.

Push ups you can work on when you have time. Just not in the office it might scare people.

If you have a bag, use it. If not, I bought hand weights. I use them to punch while I jog.

Of course this also explains why I jog early in the morning or late at night.

I work from 6am until 9:30 at night 5 to 6 days a week. I take off for KM and weekends with the kids.

The hardest part is making the time to practice when I miss class.

Also, work at your pace and push yourself a little more each time. Don’t burn yourself out to early in the training. Don’t skip half of the class because your exhausted. Make sure you can make it through the first few classes before the big push. You might miss the part that is very important to you.

just my .02

A jump rope might also help w/ the cardio. I also second the bag thing if you have the space.

kmman

I just started doing BAS RUTTEN CDs for this very reason. If $ is an issue, you definitely need to either shadow box or bag train in rounds to get cardio up. Im doing 10 2 minute rounds now and will build to 3 min rounds. I beat BOB up the entire time using the Thai Boxing CD.

oldkravdude

I second the Bas cd’s. Going over krav tech’s by yourself or, preferably, with a partner is a must but for getting into shape and putting combatives together nothing beats Bas!

nixxon

My opinion that wrist wraps are detremental to training.

I like to train for worst case scenerios. If I’m in a fight I won’t be wearing wrist wraps.

Plus I like to condition my body and I feel the best way to build wrist/forearm/hand strength for striking is to actually do that. Just don’t hit full power, and work into it. This will also keep you from hurting yourself until you get the form right. Boxers fracture takes a long time to heal.

quote blindfold:

Well, Remember, water & breathing.

Push ups you can work on when you have time. Just not in the office it might scare people.

I’ve got the Water down trust me I drink unhuman amounts of water.
    I only wish I worked in an office then maybe I could actually rest my body, I have strenous job that tears you down.

quote KMMAN:

I just started doing BAS RUTTEN CDs for this very reason. If $ is an issue, you definitely need to either shadow box or bag train in rounds to get cardio up. Im doing 10 2 minute rounds now and will build to 3 min rounds. I beat BOB up the entire time using the Thai Boxing CD.

I assume this same thing as in the Bas Rutten thread?
    What exactly do I look into picking up?

quote Nixxon:

My opinion that wrist wraps are detremental to training.

I like to train for worst case scenerios. If I’m in a fight I won’t be wearing wrist wraps.

Plus I like to condition my body and I feel the best way to build wrist/forearm/hand strength for striking is to actually do that. Just don’t hit full power, and work into it. This will also keep you from hurting yourself until you get the form right. Boxers fracture takes a long time to heal.

Makes sense, Fight like you train, Train like you fight… right.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: