Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge Horrible co-worker

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I telecommute and mostly work at home. I have been having troubles because my colleague who works in the office regularly isn’t giving her reports to me on time. I don’t know if it’s just her attitude or the system itself. I tried to call her attention to it but she is not so accommodating. How do I deal with her when she has been in the company longer than I do? Except, of course, for this :combat:. I’m already it in my dreams. LOL

don

Re: Horrible co-worker

You’re not giving much at all info to form an opinion. Try talking to her. Try talking to your boss.

I have tried talking to her but to no avail.

How about automating your system so that you may not need her services anymore and you could do all your reports and produce more efficient output.

I tried to be diplomatic as much as I can but seems no other way but to deal with it the “right” way. Being nice is not the best possible solution at all times. That is what I realized in this particular situation.

Anyway, a program will be installed in the office to basically do the monitoring whether a task is completed and for me not to rely on reports being forwarded to me. I can now run it on my own which means, there will be no further delays. I think the best part of being stressed in this situation is that something good came out of this.

Email her and CC your supervisor, and hers if she has a different one. If you aren’t in a position of authority to do anything about it, notify someone who is. If they don’t care that the reports are late, why are the reports even being done? Don’t get me wrong, degrading/eliminating the chance for human error is all and well, but if a trouble employee is still employed, the supervisor (more often than not) isn’t supervising, and the situation hasn’t been fixed, it means that someone else will be bothered. Inspect what you expect, and enforce the standard.

don

Could be worse, you could be working in my department. If that was the case, the problem child employee would likely get shuffled around until he/she ended up in some cushy assignment and/or got promoted… :rolleyes:

kmky

quote Don:

Could be worse, you could be working in my department. If that was the case, the problem child employee would likely get shuffled around until he/she ended up in some cushy assignment and/or got promoted… :rolleyes:

“Promote incompetence so it can’t do any harm” seems to be the motto of where of I work also.

quote Tempest Jamison:

I tried to be diplomatic as much as I can but seems no other way but to deal with it the “right” way. Being nice is not the best possible solution at all times. That is what I realized in this particular situation.

Anyway, a program will be installed in the office to basically do the monitoring whether a task is completed and for me not to rely on reports being forwarded to me. I can now run it on my own which means, there will be no further delays. I think the best part of being stressed in this situation is that something good came out of this.

Alright, that would do better too Tempest:)

I have tried talking to her but to no avail.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: