Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    leftie79

Since I am only level 3 and have not yet encountered hostage situations, I was wondering how they work and how higher level KM instructors teach this type of scenario. I see it all the time in movies/tv and hear it on the news on occasion. Any info would be helpful.

anonymous

We learned lot of hostage situation solution in the VIP Camp. Great stuff, must be very creative, sometimes tactical as well. But the concepts are the same.

leftie79

Basically my question is how do you get out of a hostage situation? Safely that is…

Wait for the SWAT team?

I learned some things in hostage situations.
    So far I’ve only learned some techniques to disarm, take out the hostage-taker and evacuate the vip etc.

Right now i’d be more interested in the WHEN do you decide to do it.
    I mean, I know a few techniques and if I practise more I could become good at it.

But if you intervene in a hostage situation you also risk that the hostage will get hurt or even killed because of your action.
    I mean, you’re not a one man swat team?
    Wouldn’t that make you somewhat responsible for the hostage’s death?
    What are your thoughts on this matter?

prekarious1

moment and weapons of opportunity. You may not always bee 100% sure that your actions will work the way they are supposed to but there will be a moment when your best chances arrive. Will be different in every situation so you pretty much have to go gut feelings and conscious thinking. Analyzing the situation and consequences of any actions is usually the best option. There are times when all you can do is wait and do what you are told until you get a chance to do otherwise with least possibility of lethal repercussions. Just my .02

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: