Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    gregdonahue

Does anyone know anything about the Houston Krav Maga scene? I saw some Crossfit school offering Krav called Fight Back Fit with a girl named Jeanna Cournoyer. I’ve asked around and have heard some pretty mixed reviews about her program. Can anyone shed some light? Thanks.

houstondude

Re: Houston Krav Maga

There are several great Krav schools/programs in the Houston area.. and Fight Back Fit with Jeanna Cournoyer is not one of them. For one, she is a blue belt, and isn’t qualified. Secondly, she nearly flunked her Phase A training! I would recommend Houston Krav Maga, or Commando Krav. Although Houston Krav Maga has a way better facility, and much better Trainers, who have been doing Krav Maga for way longer. Hope this helps! Goodluck

gregdonahue

houstondude – thanks for the feedback…yeah i was kinda hearing the same thing you said. i did hear that Commando Krav Maga sucks….there is no QC for instructors and it doesnt seem to have any support system. Houston krav Maga seems to be where i am headed. Thanks again.

houstondude

Sure! Ya, Commando Krav in my opinion doesn’t have the highest caliber Krav training I have experienced.. which is why I recommended Houston Krav Maga — In my post below.

krav7911

I used to train with Jeanna Cournoyer at Krav Maga Houston! I haven’t spoken to anyone on that end in some time, what happened to Jeanna? She was really involved with the HKM program, does anyone know why?

quote Krav7911:

I used to train with Jeanna Cournoyer at Krav Maga Houston! I haven’t spoken to anyone on that end in some time, what happened to Jeanna? She was really involved with the HKM program, does anyone know why?

I asked around and the instructors at KMH said she was no longer involved and wished her well. Seems to be the standard line…….instructors won’t say anything else, so u don’t have to be a PI to know she left on ugly terms. Whatever…..KMH is still the only place to train in Houston that’s worth a s#%t. The new facility in Spring is gonna be sick!!!

gregdonahue

quote Kravwarrior81:

I asked around and the instructors at KMH said she was no longer involved and wished her well. Seems to be the standard line…….instructors won’t say anything else, so u don’t have to be a PI to know she left on ugly terms. Whatever…..KMH is still the only place to train in Houston that’s worth a s#%t. The new facility in Spring is gonna be sick!!!

I just signed up as a Charter Member for the new Northside Location in Houston….and its near where i live so even better….. Kravwarrior…you are right…it is sick! Its like 25,000 square feet or something and is going to have home invasion training, an airplane fuselage for terrorist training, has a massive bag room for like 100 heavy bags, kettle bells, 2 or 3 Krav Maga rooms….and on and on….I am soooo stoked! Thanks for the advice on here. Cant wait till that place opens. There are pics on their facebook page at Krav Maga Houston….out.

mara-jade

Welcome to the forum folks,

Places like you’re describing are fun. Pete’s place here IS currently the biggest KM center in the U.S. with basically all the stuff you just describedthumbsup
    Best wishes on your training and let us know how you’re doing :wav:

kravshin

quote mara_jade:

Welcome to the forum folks,

Places like you’re describing are fun. Pete’s place here IS currently the biggest KM center in the U.S. with basically all the stuff you just describedthumbsup
    Best wishes on your training and let us know how you’re doing :wav:

mara_jade – i have trained a Pete’s place on several occasions and its great. He has done a great job in San Antonio. Houston is really looking forward to having a large Krav Maga center as well. From what i hear, its not open yet and they are selling Charter Memberships like crazy…Looking forward to next time in SA…..Missed training with Jeff Jimmo this past weekend for the F2F stuff….he is awesome!

houstondude

Yes – Regarding Jeanna Cournoyer, I do not believe that he left on the most amicable terms. Its hilarious that she is actually now an actual Instructor, being that she has barely any experience!

houstondude

quote gregdonahue:

I just signed up as a Charter Member for the new Northside Location in Houston….and its near where i live so even better….. Kravwarrior…you are right…it is sick! Its like 25,000 square feet or something and is going to have home invasion training, an airplane fuselage for terrorist training, has a massive bag room for like 100 heavy bags, kettle bells, 2 or 3 Krav Maga rooms….and on and on….I am soooo stoked! Thanks for the advice on here. Cant wait till that place opens. There are pics on their facebook page at Krav Maga Houston….out.

That’s awesome!! I heard about the bigger facility, but I had no idea that it was going to have that level of awesomeness. Where exactly is the new krav maga houston facility located? Thanks for the info GD

krav7911

quote houstondude:

That’s awesome!! I heard about the bigger facility, but I had no idea that it was going to have that level of awesomeness. Where exactly is the new krav maga houston facility located? Thanks for the info GD

that is insane. i also heard about the new north location at krav maga houston but i had no idea that it was going to be that bad***. Where exactly is it going to be, what part of north houston?

gregdonahue

sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The new Krav Maga Houston facility opened yesterday for their first Krav Maga classes. There were 61 Krav students in the L1 class! The training room is large enough to hold twice that! This place is sick! Its located in Spring, Texas off I-45 North. The exact address is 22820 I-45 North, Spring, Texas 77373
    (On feeder rd. North b/w 2920 and Hardy Toll Rd.) I think you take the Spring/Stubener exit coming from downtown. You cant miss it. There is a huge banner hanging on the side of the building that says Krav Maga. Hope this helps. Go check it out! Its awesome. Its open. Its cool. LOL.

krav7911

Nice. I’m going to go ahead and start another thread with this info.. as I know there were a few people looking for this info. Appreciate the info GD.

gregshindler

I have trained with CJ Kirk and the Krav Maga Houston crew for over 3.5 years. They are all first class Humans and Krav Maga Instructors. CJ has built the finest Krav schools in Houston over the past decade. The most recent Krav Maga Houston location in Spring is awesome. It is over 20,000 square feet with FIVE training rooms, etc..a CrossFit box, airplane fuselage, two bedroom apartment (coming), etc…His credentials are unrivaled in Houston. His instructors are unrivaled. If you want good Krav Maga in Houston….go to Krav Maga Houston. Period. Thanks.

Greg Shindler

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: