Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Krav Maga Videos How close is FSA to KM ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Here are two videos

http://youtu.be/aDR_Np8-nUk

http://youtu.be/rhUdTeo7gYA

How closely related are the Krav Maga’s techniques with the Fairbairn-Sykes and Applegate techniques that were used during WW II ?

unstpabl1

Re: How close is FSA to KM ?

My understanding was that The British taught it to the Jewish forces to fight the Nazi’s in Palestine/Israel. Mathrw Temkin use to post on a forum that I used learned it from his dad and then Carl Cesteri said one time that he saw the influence. cestari passed away a few years back. I’m not sure whats really left of WWII combatives in krav or otheerwise. My ASSUMPUTION is everything evolves and who knows if its for better or worse

Nice vid of Imi

I can see some of the same things between the two of these martial art systems that were in use during and after WW II.

How many another hand to hand combat systems were in use during the development of Israel ?

unstpabl1

Israel had access to them all. Ninpo or most commonly refered to as Ninjitsu had one of the 1st outside schools there. Judo and Jujitsu were influences and Hapkido masters went there to teach the military

In military systems they look at all systems and tend to pick and choose what the person in charge feels is effective

I think the Israeli’s at the time had a real world concern and needed to strip away the fantasies of martial ARTS and also needed something that had a short learning curve and long retention as H2H isn’t a priority in most military jobs but good physical condition and instilling the will to win or to keep fighting is

Krav is a good vehicle for that

Krav wasn’t built in a vaccum simply because thats not how the militaries work so I’m sure the influences were many

I would imagine the same is true of the Israeli Police Department. They had to cope with different threats similiar to that of the Israeli military.

I wonder what was available to the average Israeli civilian during that time ? ( the 1940’s to 1970’s ) as Krav Maga was really not on the civilian scene yet until much later.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: