Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics How long did you spend at each level?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    magpie

I spent 6 months at L1 before testing into L2. I’m now 6 months into L2 but feel I need to spend a year at this level before testing. I also still hit an L1 class every week to continue to refine my basics.

Just curious about others’ experiences…

kravjitsu

Re: How long did you spend at each level?

I spent about 2 months at L1… That was going to class 5 to 6 times a week. I spent about 4 months at yellow… again going to class 5 or 6 times a week. I spent 11 months at orange. This was during the time I was doing BJJ so I didn’t come as much. Now I am at green belt. Yellow belts and orange belts are combined in class, so you learn material from two belt levels… twice. Once at yellow belt and again at orange belt. I know that may seem really fast, but if the average person comes twice a week, it’s not as fast as one might think. I also feel pretty good at green belt because I have supplemented my Krav with other grappling/striking arts since self-defense is a passion for me.

kravjitsu

I spent about 2 months at L1… That was going to class 5 to 6 times a week. I spent about 4 months at yellow… again going to class 5 or 6 times a week. I spent 11 months at orange. This was during the time I was doing BJJ so I didn’t come as much. Now I am at green belt. Yellow belts and orange belts are combined in class, so you learn material from two belt levels… twice. Once at yellow belt and again at orange belt. I know that may seem really fast, but if the average person comes twice a week, it’s not as fast as one might think. I also feel pretty good at green belt because I have supplemented my Krav with other grappling/striking arts since self-defense is a passion for me.

magpie

Wow, KJ….you obviously have a lot more disposable time on your hands than I do. 🙂

lions2011

I spent 9 months at level 1. Most longest of anybody I knew but I have some of the better level 1 skills of most students in the advanced classes.

kravjitsu

@Magpie

I am fortunate to have a work from home job. It is full-time, but I get to set my own hours basically. That allowed me to do a daytime class and then come back for an evening class after work. The place was nearby to my house (12-15 min) back then as well.

I’m married with a kid, but other than something else we did every other week, my evenings and Saturdays were generally free.

magpie

Good deal. I’m married with a kid too, but have a longer commute than you do. Our journeys are all different, aren’t they?

crash20

Magpie as you know already I am still working on L1 or for us it is testing into the yellow belt class. I was just going over it in my head and I think I am coming up on about 10 months or so. I go often between two to four classes a week depending on fatigue level and work hours. I am asked all the time by the new people how long have you been doing this and the old people that have tested out already when are you testing. I go back and forth between shame of not progressing faster and I am on my on path kind of thing. It is quite difficult when you are in a room with a bunch of somewhat aggressive people, trying to stay cool and keep my head together.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: