Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics How long is your class?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    panphage

So, what’s the standard length for a KM class? They run 60 minutes at my school which seems pretty short to me. It’s been quite a while since I trained in a martial art, but I was used to classes going around 2 hours.

happyloaf

Re: How long is your class?

One hour as well but it is a KILLER one hour. Much harder than the 2 hours the other style I have trained used.

kirsten

Due the extremely physically aggressive nature of Krav Maga, I would not recommend much more than that. Students start to get tired, and when punching to the face and kicking to the groin in such a manner, accidents happen when your students are exhausted. Some classes are longer depending on the amount of physical activity versus “lecture” content, but general classes for KM are only 60 minutes at my training center.

gregwormald

Not only will you get tired in 60 minutes (if you are not–work harder!), but your ability to process new information and make new brain connections deteriorates after 45 minutes.
    Greg

jarett

They run 60 minutes at the place I go to also. But I don’t think I could last much longer than that, lol

ruger45

Class is an hour here in MD, but it’s a pretty tough hour.

mara-jade

Our are usually 60 minutes also. I remember a couple of times in K.O. though our instructor Pete went 15 minutes over. He really lost track of time but we didn’t mindrofl2

blindfold

I know we normally go about 1 hour. We have gone 3 hours during seminars and if you don’t get a second wind and take break for a little water and breating, Your screwed.

kirk

I’ve taken all day Kung fu lesson’s that don’t/didn’t amount to the physical intensity and exhaustion that I get in one hour of Krav. After once hour on Sat and one hour on Sunday I feel every muscle in my body. Even my pinky toe hurts!

bey

If you are looking to train longer, does your gym hold some sort of fitness class right before the self defense classes?

sadders

1 1/2 hours for me.

roningai

Krav is 1hr then depending on what day it is there’s the crossfit or bag class. i haven’t tried the cross fit class but i’ve seen it and it looks:chair: brutal. I like the bag class cause we carry over the strikes we learned into the bags and learn ways of inputting the strikes with regular punching and kicks.

bkl041018

Our class is an hour long

destrangis

Yes, one hour.

kravi

Mine is 1.5 hr

I’m reading the book by Col. David Ben-Asher and he suggests that
    seven to ten hours a day would be a good idea.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: