Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics How many classes do you attend a week.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    lions2011

I try to attend about 3-4 a week. All level 1 still. I just cant get enough of level 1!!!! :tantrum: Are program has many level 2 moves in level 1 also.

However, I am going to try some Muay Thai in a few months for twice a week which means I will have to cut out one class of Krav a week.

Also I play tennis twice a week.

I notice in my classes most students attend about 2 times per week on average.
    I am 6 feet tall and only 160 pounds so my body cant handle as much as a big guy.

uberwensch

Re: How many classes do you attend a week.

I’ve only been doing Krav for a few weeks. The first two my attendance was all over the place, but for the last three I’ve done 4 per week – 2 core classes, a combatives class and a conditioning class. I’m small myself and this about does me completely.

I go about twice a week. It is truly a great training session, not just for the body but for the mind as well.

somewoman

I go twice a week.

kmman

3x a week. Some of the higher levels are always there and do 1-3 classes in a row. They’ll do a Level 1 then a Level 2 etc…I dont knpw how they do it. I can only do one class at a time then I’m exhausted.

unstpabl1

quote KMMAN:

3x a week. Some of the higher levels are always there and do 1-3 classes in a row. They’ll do a Level 1 then a Level 2 etc…I dont knpw how they do it. I can only do one class at a time then I’m exhausted.

It’s funny about multiple classes and what we can do. A lot of times i go to the MT gym and just worlout on my own hard , then class starts and I end up taking it. 2 and half hours later I’m like WTF? How did I do that? And I guarantee you I’m in worse shape than you. Of course then I’m married to ice for the rest of the day

stuartf

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. I start getting twitchy on Tuesday having had 2 days off.

Tues and Thurs or Tues and Sat.

jeanbean

I joined almost a month ago, and am averaging 5-6 Level 1 classes per week – I find them absolutely addicting, and a great way to relieve stress. (I also play soccer 2x a week.)

lions2011

to jeanbean wow.. You keep that pace up and you will be out of level 1 in 3-4 months.
    I recommend you check out the youtube videos in krav.. Check out Jarrett and Miller and Dragon to really enhance your basic technique this has really helped me.
    I am in level 1 and could test out by now but I decided to stay in it another 5 months because I like level 1 curriculum so much.
    I am 35 yrs old and I need 3 full days off like Friday-Sunday for my body.

jeanbean

@lions – I turned 34, yesterday, and have been playing organized sports most of my life: baseball, softball, soccer, triathlons (a decade ago), races, and weight lifting. But work has really gotten in the way in the last few of years of doing anything other than soccer and softball. I tried out Krav on a Saturday morning and was HOOKED.

I’ve been lucky not to have sustained any *serious* injuries in my life other than a partially torn soleus, so I don’t feel as broken in the mornings as some of my other peers do. But there is certainly a lot more soreness after learning new defenses/drills in Krav!

I love the fact I can learn to defend myself, get a great workout, gain better mastery of my body (coordination), and do it all in a single room with instructors that keep pushing me to do better.

Thanks for the additional search terms on YouTube, I’ve watched a few Krav videos and will definitely check them out.

jacgue36

A few months before preparing for my level 3 test, I started going to class 3times per week for two hours (Level 1 and 2/3 classes). I also usually train on my own once or twice a week with my BOB dummy. Sometimes I can do some shadow type training when I work out and have some privacy.

Since completing the testing, I haven’t really slowed down any.

I guess it might be a little much (LOL).

Jacob

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: