Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics How to avoid bad situations ?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

It will be interesting to see how many of you can come up with good ways of keeping yourselves out of potentially bad situations.

I will name one negative solution that gets turned around to a positive solution then you guys and gals can take it from there …

Why go to a bar where people are drunk and can not socialize properly:banghead: Bars are a notorious place for brawls to break out. :box:

Why go to a bar when you can have a really good time browsing and buying books ( pick up a couple KM books ) at the bookstore & meet normal and usually sober minded people. Who knows that may be your KM partner for a good workout. thumbsup

bradm

Re: How to avoid bad situations ?

Bars aren’t so bad. After all, I met all three of my wives in a bar.

stevem174

Stupid rules!

Don’t do stupid things.
    Don’t go stupid places.
    Don’t hangout with stupid people.

Of course I didn’t follow any of those stupid rules till I was about 40.

unstpabl1

Easier to get laid in a bar then a bookstore:beer:

quote unstpabl1:

Easier to get laid in a bar then a bookstore:beer:

You should have the good talent to pick up ladies soberminded & not drunk. Be confident. Women love men who have self confidence.

Don’t show me the beer mug with the t-shirt motto that says something like ” Getting laid since 1776 ”

You must be able to do both and still be a ladies man. 😎

Just like fighting with men when you are in both states, un-altered and altered state of drunkness & double vision and trying to throw punches or fighting with knives. :abx:

I am sure the military and LE teaches you to field strip & load your weapons with both eyes open and closed & with one or two hands and legs etc. They drill that into you at the police acamedy or military bootcamp. :chair:

Use the good talent or lose the talent. thumbsup ( j/k good natured teasing )

Actually the art of picking up ladies is just that. Practice makes perfect unless you are a married man then of course, you don’t have to worry about that. :D:

thecrownsown

Don’t go looking for trouble….put your ego in check…..be mindful of whats around you…listen to your instincts…I’d say this prevention tactic will cover 95% of heading off any potential threat. Worked for me, havn’t been in a real fight since grade school….and able to talk and control an environment to ensure I never got in a fight. If you get a strange feeling about someone getting onto the elevator…don’t get on with them. Listen to your instincts. Don’t worry about offending the guy/gal in the elevator. Wait for the next one. Don’t like the look of that alley? Stay on the lit path….etc.

Wherever you see trouble, head the opposite way. Any black belt, or proficient fighter worth knowing is halfway out of the room by the time any problem arises in a bar or wherever…they’ve already guaged the scenario and know the best way to stay unscathed is not to be there. Mitigate your risks….

We all know them…those guys that always seem to get into fights…but they never started it…but trouble seems to follow them around….. 🙂 Don’t get sucked in. Don’t expose yourself to high risk situation with friend like this..specifically bars with “those friends” where they will meet someone else’s “friend” with the same mentality. Those kinds of people are always around. In high school we called them bullies…in real life…they’r just dicks. Again, mitigate your risks by steering clear of the dangers.

I’ve always thought of KM training as that what I needed for the last 5% where prevention didn’t guide me or those around me to safety. Your left with no choice but to use physical means to get to safety. Worse feeling in the world….not knowing what to do or not being able to act in that 5% situation….I”m not the greatest practitioner in KM, but something is better than nothing.

don

As has been already pointed out, Using Common Sense, Exercising Good Decision Making, and Swallowing Your Pride/Ego can help prevent you from becoming entangled in many/most bad situations…

kmman

I have read somewhere, and I believe it was a quote by Funokashi (I might be wrong) that, on average, a person might expect to need self defense once in their life…that is a true self defense situation. Obviously we have occupations that would increase those chances….just sayin’

I go to bars because that’s where the metal bands play here. I don’t drink, I’m just there for the music and the mosh. And generally, when you’re at a bar but you’re not drunk, you tend to find your way into less conflict.

Plus, when a bar’s full of metalheads, the only conflict you really see on an average night is that which takes place in the mosh pit, which is never really violent. People may get knocked around a bit, sometimes pretty viciously, but as soon as the song is over if you look around you see the same guys that were just beating the snot out of each other giving out bro hugs, knuckle bumps, and gestures of respect to the other moshers. I think that’s why I love metal culture; the ability to embrace conflict and aggression, yet still hold a deep fraternal respect for each other.

quote Glorious_Leader:

I go to bars because that’s where the metal bands play here. I don’t drink, I’m just there for the music and the mosh. And generally, when you’re at a bar but you’re not drunk, you tend to find your way into less conflict.

Plus, when a bar’s full of metalheads, the only conflict you really see on an average night is that which takes place in the mosh pit, which is never really violent. People may get knocked around a bit, sometimes pretty viciously, but as soon as the song is over if you look around you see the same guys that were just beating the snot out of each other giving out bro hugs, knuckle bumps, and gestures of respect to the other moshers. I think that’s why I love metal culture; the ability to embrace conflict and aggression, yet still hold a deep fraternal respect for each other.

That is cool & that is not really my scene. I have always wondered what goes on at these concerts. Cool & thanks for sharing. thumbsup

unstpabl1

quote JewishFitness1976:

You should have the good talent to pick up ladies soberminded & not drunk. Be confident. Women love men who have self confidence.

People go to bars and parties to meet the opposite sex. light fun conversation……Women go to bookstores to buy books on Relationships….long boring conversation and no booze around to help make sense of it:OhMy:

yli

If you have the skills to pick up a woman at a bookshop, then you are more skilled than a man who can only pick up a woman at a bar.

unstpabl1

Picking up women is easier if you strength train or if their very light:wav:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: