Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books How to do an eye gouge or rake

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lions2011

I guess if I was getting the crap kicked out of me I would do it. And so would everybody else here. It sounds messy but if it means life or death then..

How do you do it the best way.

1) Eye gouge- you dig your thumbs into the corner of his eye ball about knuckle deep and just rake it across to the other corner of the eye. Each thumb works on each eye.

2) Eye rake- You make your fingers like claws and dig all fingers deep into the eyes and rake either down or across the eyes. Again dig deep and rake fast

IS that how you do it. Is that the best way. Its not like we practice this in class. lol.

Re: How to do an eye gouge or rake

You can rake sideways or from the bottom up. It also hurts having any kind of impact on a closed eye, so just poking it will help. Don’t forget to rake the nose too. May hook a pinkie in the nostril and do some damage, or rip out a nose ring. Stay away from the mouth-unless you want to lose digits.

kmyoshi

Treat their head like a Pez dispenser. Your thumbs go where their eyes are and you push in a forward/downward motion.

splatcat

quote lions2011:

I guess if I was getting the crap kicked out of me I would do it. And so would everybody else here. It sounds messy but if it means life or death then..

Yeah, if I’m protecting my family, or my life, if I’m in THAT crappy of a situation – you’re d@mn right I would, ALL options are “on the table” at that point. I just pray to god that I’m never in that situation!

My concern with targeting the eyes has always been two-fold:

1) They’re SMALL. One of my FAVORITE things about KM is that it recognizes that ‘precision movements’ & ‘fine motor skills’ go right into the crapper when that adrenaline dump hits. Targeting the eyes seems to go against that…

2) The head (which is -obviously- much larger than the eyes) is perpetually mobile, & not always easy to hit – so even though the payoff is pretty good if you can target ’em, the percentages aren’t great, unless you’re pretty well trained.

However, one of the “Winter Camps” (http://www.coloradokravmaga.com/winter-camp/) that I attended had a method of attacking the eyes that realistically overcomes both of these objections – and fortunately, it’s shown at approx. 1:20 in this IDF video (which I actually found in a different forum on this site):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVJ8WjCi8Lg&noredirect=1

That seems worthwhile to me, but I’m curious to hear what others think…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: