Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics I cannot yet afford Krav Maga lessons but want to begin preparing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dpcalder

Any thoughts on what sorts of training I ought to begin with in the absence of an instructor? Even if it’s something as simple as some form of simple strength or endurance training, cardio, etc. I just want to maximize my preparedness for when I can afford lessons.

doublestrike

Re: I cannot yet afford Krav Maga lessons but want to begin preparing

Hi dpcalder,

Welcome to the forum! Kudos to you wanting to learn / study Krav Maga. To answer your question, I would highly recommend getting this book:

1) Complete Krav Maga

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Krav-Maga-Self-Defense-Techniques-ebook/dp/B003ODHOMM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386954959&sr=8-1&keywords=krav+maga

The paperback edition will run you about $16 USD, and used ones can be purchased for around $12 USD. Although this book is based on Krav Maga World Wide, it’s a fantastic learning supplement and reference guide.

The other important / key factor that you should work on is your cardio (i.e. run, job, etc.). I don’t know your current state of physical fitness, but that’s the best advice I can give you 🙂

Best of luck in your training!

krav-math

My wife and I prepped by doing the Sean T Insanity dvd workouts. Those obviously cost money, so I would Google HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training). There should be tons of free YouTube type workouts that you can do at home and will help get you ready.

And also, what DoubleStrike said about the book and cardio.

seraphs-coal

Welcome to the forum DP,

Physical training is the best preparation for Krav, I would look at doing some weight traning and the 100 push ups site online to build up your triceps. Both can be done for low costs and will help you immeasurably in your training.

Another option is to take Karate at a community not for profit Karate place where you just pay for casual lessons as you will be able to use some of those kicking techniques in your Krav training also.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: