Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    jl91

I did something stupid and got armbarred really good on Wednesday, hearing a nice pop from having my arm hyperextended. It’s not feeling too good at this point (it hurts to close a door, I know , sad really).

Does anyone have any advice to give on what to do or how long it will hurt before I can train again?

Thanks, Joe

markx3

Your options as I see it are:

A: Listen to an internet troll on what to do about your arm.
    Or
    B: Go see a doctor.

Figure it out.

bradm

Definitely see a doctor.

jburtonpdx

I know this guy, who’s sister is married to another guy and his little brother got beat up by this kid whos dad once climbed a mountain and met this old guy who said if you rub olives on it then spray it with glass cleaner—– GO SEE A DOCTOR

anonymous

Yes, see a doctor. I’ve had my arm tweaked a few times in sparring class. It kind of hurt to extend it, but it wasn’t broken. It wasn’t too bad, so I didn’t need a doctor. I just iced it everyday and was careful in sparring class and after maybe two or three weeks it felt normal again. But if yours is really bad, maybe better to get an X-ray and some professional advice.

kravmdjeff

Chop it off.

anonymous

My, you’re being brutal today. Just coming from a screening of \”300\”? 🙂

clfmak

I actually have the same problem right now from Saturday. I’m really hoping its better before three weeks, because I’ve been training for a pankration tournament on the 25th.

anonymous

Cool, let us know what happened after the fight.

evo8

i got arm barred several times on saturday. i feel fine though because i TAPPED!

Tap early, tap often, go home feeling fine. 🙂

Go see a doctor and don’t train, at least not until you find out how bad it is.

bradm

That’s me – tap soon, tap often – spare the joint pain.

la-revancha

Proximal concern: definitely see a doctor. Let us know how it goes.

Ultimate concern: here’s what Roger Gracie, arguably the best sub grappler on the planet right now, says in the latest graciemag:

GM:How did you develop such good defense?
    RG:By tapping out [laughs].

anonymous

Yes, tapping out is important. Don’t let the ego get in the way. I’m pretty good at defending armbars, but sometimes when a guy gets me in a heel hook or ankle lock I’m not sure what to do. I know I should try to roll out of it, but I often tap, because I’m afraid I won’t be able to tap quickly enough while we are both rolling on the ground. Then again, not tapping right away gives you a chance to work on the escape. But better safe than sorry. It’s not worth a torn knee or broken ankle.

jl91

I have no problem and do so quite a bit some nights. We had a really good exchange going and the guy I was working with sunk it really quick. He let go just a fraction of a second late though.

I went to the doctor and he said it isn’t that bad, not much bruising, swelling etc, and gave me a presrip for an anti-inflamatory. Starting to feel better but still now 100%

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: