Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge I hate being sick…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jesse

I hate being sick…. I’ve been out for a month due to travel. Finally I was supposed to start back Monday night. My wife needed the car…. Then I got sick that night and missed everything on Tuesday. Now I’m still feeling rotten and I’m starting to think I’m going to miss Thursday as well. If I go in sick, then Ryan will kill me and I’d be forced to sneeze on him. I’ve done a hundred burpees today, but I feel like a fat lazy slob.:soapbox: And my coffee cup’s empty! I have a good novel, but I’m almost done with it and I don’t feel like going to the library. We’re out of Alka-seltzer Cold Plus or at least we can’t find the box.

BAAAAAAAAAHHH

Oh, nevermind all that. I just found my wife’s chocolate stash and life is wonderful.:Unsure:

/end rant

sol

Re: I hate being sick…

Ugh…I hate that, thinking you are going to be able to start back up and getting all excited about it only to realize you have to wait even longer. I have surgery on Friday (tomorrow) and yesterday at my Pre Op I was asking when is the earliest I can start KM classes again. He said that I could in one week after my surgery – that makes me happy!

I hope you get to feeling better soon!thumbsup

krav-harp

I’m not sick, but I got injured last week. I have some slightly bruised ribs. The last time this happened (same kind of injury, in a different part of the chest), I was out for six weeks. This time it’s not as bad, but I haven’t trained since last Friday. I’m hoping to go back this Saturday at the latest.

The funny thing is, this injury happened during a fitness class, not during Level 1. I went to my Krav class right after the fitness class, and definitely made it worse.

Safety always comes first. If you are injured, dont make it worse by pushing yourself, its not worth it. Take some time off but stay active by doing lighter exercises and practice drills and techniques on your own that dont affect your injury.

jesse

Well I did 300 burpees yesterday in sets of 20 throughout the day. Went into class early and did some pyramids with basic strikes on the bags for a bit. Made it through about half of the level one class and then started coughing so bad that I had to step out. 🙁 Hopefully I’ll be up and running by the open class tomorrow.

krav-harp

quote :

Take some time off but stay active by doing lighter exercises and practice drills and techniques on your own that dont affect your injury.

That’s pretty much what I’m doing now – just pushups at home (at least 100 a day). I was going to go to Krav Fitness class tonight, but I decided against it. I have a rib injury, and some of the exercises we do in that class could make it worse.

I should be healed up by next week. I really need to get a bike trainer so I can do more cardio stuff indoors.

jesse

Yeah, if your ribs are hurt, then there’s not much you can do cardio indoors but a bike. Take a look at http://www.rosstraining.com though. He has a ton of great ideas and his books are the next things on my buy list.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: