Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Student Lounge I’m soooo thankful for my school and good instructors!!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    dckm

This has been on my mind this week so I’ll tell this story.

Monday I had a class to take. since I had some
    time to kill before the next session I figured I’d pop in and observe a krav maga class at a school close by. i normally take krav on mondays at my school but due to this mandatory class I can’t for the time being. if i don’t get km training at least 3 times a week i got into withdrawal. km is my new addiction.

when I walk in I let the receptionist know I’d like to observe, she said fine and went back to what she was doing. For a few minutes I watched a basics “orientation” class and cringed at the terrible form I saw and the fact that the “instructor” didn’t corrrect it. I’m talking people who had their hands IN FRONT of their faces in fighting stance. How can you see anything that way? But I digress…….. One guy confused a cross for a jab and was throwing his combos backwards. People were WAYYYYYYY off balance etc. Sooooo I’m there observing and no one spoke to me, had anything to say, asked me to fill out a contact form or anything. talk about a ****ty “welcome”. I then look over to the other mat where there’s a level 3 class going on. again, ****TY form, not much correction and bad technique from so called advanced students made me wanna puke. during this class i see 3 other instructors in a circle talking and again, not a one of those pricks spoke. they basically walked around like they were the ****. in actuality, that school is some ****. i’m so glad i didn’t sign up there.
    the customer service sucked, the instructors were self absorbed pricks who were impressed with themselves and to top it off their training isn’t that good and that’s putting it mildly.

Contrast that to my school where when the first time I walked in, the instructor spoke, then got the class started on a drill, and came over to talk to me. he made me feel welcome. in between drills he’d come over and ask if i had questions etc. it’s been like this at 2 other schools I’ve been to where they make you feel welcome and actually want you to jump in and participate. why’s this one so different. Who knows, I do know that I’m glad I don’t go there and thank God for good KM instructors.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: