Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Idea: Krav Maga "Game"

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tdw

Hello All,

Since I just had this idea and I have no idea if this has ever been mentioned before (tried to search for it but didnt find anything) I’ll explain my idea…

I am an absolutely fan of Krav Maga and also of videogames. A mate of mine has this game for the Xbox called UFC Personal Trainer, which i think is awesome.

The current state of technology has advanced up to a level where the consoles can track every limb’s movement, even nudges and seperate fingers.

Therefore I thought that it might be an amazing idea to have something similar to the UFC:PT game for consoles, either for practicing techniques, refreshing memory or as a warm up for an upcoming exam or just a nice workout at home…

Thought i would throw this into the open and would love to hear how everybody feels about such a “game”…

Cheers and kind regards,

Aat

wds2

Re: Idea: Krav Maga "Game"

I’m not a video game kinda guy so I’m probably not the target audience for that, so take this with a grain of salt.
    But I don’t think the KM community in general is large enough to support a KM personal trainer / fitness video game in and of itself. It could work, but the key is what differentiates it from the UFC version and others out there like it.

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Sounds like it could be fun except for the fact you’d need a training partner, hard to practice gun from the front without someone attacking you with a gun. 🙂

maddogmean

Think there was a game at one time for one of the consoles that taught self defense.

tdw

quote CJs Dad:

Sounds like it could be fun except for the fact you’d need a training partner, hard to practice gun from the front without someone attacking you with a gun. 🙂

That’s absolutely true…
    Depending on how good the motion recognition software is, it might be “ok”… but indeed, nothing feels like the real deal in this case. It would provide a nice feel for the basics though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: