Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    eric-joyce

I am new to Krav and was wondering are there really any differences between the organizations? For example, testing requirements, training philosophy, etc.? Just curious.

rick-prado

The IKMA is Imi’s original organization which still exists.

The IKMF is headed by Eyal Yanilov one of his students and the KMAA is this one.

Check them out and see for yourself.

taikei

My first couple ranks were IKMF standard, then later KMAA.
    Since IKMF KMAA worked on videos and DVD, to some extent they are similar or same in terms of techniques. It has been years since, so there must be some changes.
    IKMF has 10 steps to reach what is equivalent to first degree black belt.

IKMF and IKMA

Hi

I think by and the large the content of both organisations is very simmilar. The IKMF uses patches to mark a students rank instead of belts and has a slightly different way of doing things. At a basic level techniques between organisations are very simmilar.

The IKMF reviews techniques fairly regularly so there may be more differences as you progress further up the ladder in terms of abillity.

I think the IKMF is less of a buisness than the KMAA. This may change as it grows, I dont know.

Oh and on a serious note, IKMF Instructors are of course better looking 😆

lotar

Hi Paul

IKMF instructors good looking ???? Not the ones I know bro !! LOL

anonymous

Yep, he keeps claiming that each time he posts, but I’m having my doubts… Come on, somerset, post a picture of yourself and let’s see… 😀

whatever

I have seen KMAA and IKMF test requirements, many thing was quite same years ago. Today, many things changed, as IKMF was changing a lot of stuff. I have experinced when Eyal is testing/changing things, amazing…

eric-joyce

IKMF & KMAA

Thanks for all your replies. The only thing I was confused on was the trademarking of Krav Maga, but that is another topic. Thanks again everyone.

vicious

i heard the IKMF eats your children 😯

on a serious note you will find more similarities than differences. The differences expressed will be based upon an individual’s experiences.

the fact that both sides can be told here is very cool.

anonymous

Re:

quote \”ViCious\:

i heard the IKMF eats your children 😯

😯 🙁 Thanks for the warning! 😆

Hello.

I think the differences are largely organisational. The IKMF meets student needs as they see them.

What attracted me to the IKMF was that they had a really simple, down to earth approach. You can question anything and there is a simple soloution. The systems is not perfect, but it is simple reliable and logical.

I think the reliable, robust nature of krav maga is its strength and this strength is based on principle rather than technique.

For what its worth, I think this will be the downfall of the so called elite systems emerging from Israel. I honestly feel krav maga is the original amd the best.

Replying to LOTAR

What do you mean! I have yet to see a Kapap Instructor who does not look like a Bulldog chewing a wasp 😆

I have a Johnson Bulldog. Its not a pleasant site!

I guess that makes me an expert on the mattter!

vicious

Re:

quote \”somersetkravmaga\:

Hello.

I think the differences are largely organisational. The IKMF meets student needs as they see them.

What attracted me to the IKMF was that they had a really simple, down to earth approach. You can question anything and there is a simple soloution. The systems is not perfect, but it is simple reliable and logical.

I think the reliable, robust nature of krav maga is its strength and this strength is based on principle rather than technique.

For what its worth, I think this will be the downfall of the so called elite systems emerging from Israel. I honestly feel krav maga is the original amd the best.

Eric… see what i mean? i think it is VERY cool that somerset had such a positive experience with the IKMF.

BUT i can honestly say the EXACT same thing about the KMAA. I WAS attracted to the KMAA by their simple, down to earth approach.

i LOVED that i was ENCOURAGED to question everything. I think somerset probably had an extremely similar experience to mine. The ONLY difference being that mine was with the KMAA, and his with the IKMF.

That and that the KMAA didn’t eat my children 😯

anonymous

Not sure, but I think I’ve heard some dreadful little cries once coming from underneath the floor in room two, shortly after the KMx class had concluded… 😯

somerset,

The truth will be evident shortly. When the new book will come out, there’ll be lots of pictures to prove that KMAA instructors possess a beauty unsurpassed in the world of martial arts.

clfmak
    quote :

The truth will be evident shortly. When the new book will come out, there’ll be lots of pictures to prove that KMAA instructors possess a beauty unsurpassed in the world of martial arts.

No one can surpass the beauty of Dog Brothers founder Marc Denny and his giant grey sideburns.
    http://www.amag.org.uk/amag/images/pat_davies_marc_denny.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: