Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books inside defense with a counter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dckm

i gotta question about this technique. i was taught that you defend early and burst in with the punch.
    what if i’m late on the defense, how does the counterpunch work in that situation?

brentw

Re: inside defense with a counter

Then you miss the counter. The whole point of a simultaneous counter is that you are ready. Either they have a pattern, a tick or a tell that lets you know what is coming. It isn’t a technique that you luck into (always exceptions but very few and far between,) it’s a planned attack and defense.

kior

Re: inside defense with a counter

As I’ve been taught it (IKMF so maybe different from what you’re taught):

If you are ready and can do it then the counter is simultaneous and comes from under the attacker’s blow and is followed by more as you move off the line of attack, if not then you are basically dropping the attackers hand down as you defend and countering over his arm as you move off the line of attack. If you’re really late then you’re using the forearm rather than the hand to defend and in that case not dropping the hand but still countering as you move off the line. If you’re really really late then you’re basically bringing both hands up, defending with one and leaning back and kicking as the counter.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: