Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums KM Techniques & Krav Maga Books Instructors Course Training

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    true007

Hello All

Need some wisdom. I am thinking about taking the instructor course in Jan. For those of you that have taken it I would love to know how one could prepare for it to get the most out of it. I have the videos and complete krav maga book.

Peace to all and thank you.

True007 :wav:

miriam

Re: Instructors Course Training

Hi True 007!

I can’t comment specifically on the licensee phase instructor course, but I went through the in-house “A” and “B” in the past 6 months, and the one thing I would recommend is just being in the best possible physical shape you can be in prior to starting the program. Yeah, I know that seems like really obvious advice, but I don’t think it can be emphasized enough just how beneficial it will be to your training to be in tip-top shape before you start. The rest will just depend on your ability to learn to do the techniques proficiently, learn how to teach them, and your ability to effectively convey the techniques.

You should definitely go for it! You won’t know until you try, right? Best of luck to you!!!

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Good advice Miriam, fatigue was my worst enemy during phase.

Train hard!!

unstpabl1

quote CJs Dad:

Good advice Miriam, fatigue was my worst enemy during phase.

Train hard!!

Of course you were out like 8 weeks injured. About a week back you were in phasethumbsup

stevetuna

I wholeheartedly agree on the importance of conditioning when you go into Phase training. Bas Rutten should be your friend on pretty much a daily basis before you go.

Another thing that I think would be helpful is to do some practice teaching. Get used to using your voice to convey the Krav Maga style of bursting in, attacking and finishing. Think about how some of your better instructors control a class and try to borrow some of their techniques. When doing your live demonstrations, be explosive, not robotic (a direct criticism of some of my Phase mock teaching tests, btw…). Have fun with it and show off a little bit. Get the “Wow factor” going in your students.

Be prepared to work harder than you ever have! When it’s test day, tell yourself that you’re going to leave it all on the mats, giving everything that you have.

Good luck! And oh yeah – practice the techniques as seen in the Krav Maga book so that you’re in line with what Mr. Levine and Mr. Whitman spell out there.

jakewrestler

Just reiterating what’s already been said, make sure you are able to workout 7 days in a row all day 😉 and understand that it isn’t KM class it, it is KM Instructor training…

cjs-dad
    Keymaster

Why must we drudge up the past LOL.

Yeah I came off a 2 month injury the week before phase but the lack of cardio while I was laid up really made me appreciate how in-shape a person needs to be.

Mentally I was there, physically not so much.

true007

Thanks for all the encouragement, I just bought the Bas Ruton DVD set and it should be here in 2-3 days. Again thank you all for your help. Prayfully I will meet some of you if I am accepted into the course in Jan.

Peace,

True007 :woohoo:

kirsten

No way to prepare for 9 days of hell… well, 7 days of hell now- but hard none the less. Train hard but more than anything its mental. Remember it is your mind that controls your body at all times and never the other way around. Also, don’t wimp out and make excuses… Good luck!

miriam

quote CJs Dad:

Why must we drudge up the paste LOL.

There was a “paste” incident during phase, Sean? Hmmm… I thought they just taped your shoulder in place while you finished. Sounds like a sticky situation. rofl2

quote True007:

Thanks for all the encouragement, I just bought the Bas Ruton DVD set and it should be here in 2-3 days. Again thank you all for your help. Prayfully I will meet some of you if I am accepted into the course in Jan.

Peace,

True007 :woohoo:

Definitely! All the best to you, and keep us posted!

unstpabl1

quote Miriam:

There was a “paste” incident during phase, Sean? Hmmm… I thought they just taped your shoulder in place while you finished. Sounds like a sticky situation. rofl2

I was gonna let that pass. I didn’t want him to become unglued.

miriam

quote unstpabl1:

I was gonna let that pass. I didn’t want him to become unglued.

Very cute, Mike!

(And incidentally Sean, nice correction to your original post…But geez! Why you gotta take away my fun?)

mattp

For all of those instructors out there who made it through Phase A , could you tell me if during your mock teachings there were any techniques that seemed to be the most difficult to teach? I am currently going through the Apprentice A training and am reviewing the Teaching Template and various techniques as we speak. I did one already on our last weekend , Round Kick, and it amazed me how much I missed(small things mind you, when teaching it. (From my critique after)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: