Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics interested in Krav Maga

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    croberts

❓ I only recently heard about Krav Maga, I never knew it even existed. Just curious have any of you guys done any cross training with traditional asian martial artists? In your opinion how well does Krav teach people to fight and defend themselves as compared with well known martial arts like Karate, Tae Kwan Do, Judo, etc.

isi

hello croberts, i am an israeli instrctor of krav maga and i tell you that you can come and train, without any prior knowledge of combat, to a krav class, and get out of that class with some abilities that could work in an actuall attacking senario, should it apear (god forbidd). to my understanding that is one of the great advantages of krav maga compared to other martail arts, which are also great but relatively takes alot of time to imply on real life, street attacks.

dkst

I looked into all different types of martial arts and MMA before signing up. This is what made me sign up, there are no rules and what supports that is that there are no contests.

My instructor reminds us constantly that the fight is not over until the person you are fighting is no longer a threat. There is no backing down, if he goes down you still fight him, if he is standing up you fight him, until he is no longer a threat, you attack attack attack.

If you want to learn how to defend yourself then why take something that you will have to study for 10 years to be good at? I’ve been doing it for 5 months, I’m not 100% confident, but what I do know is this, I won’t wait, I won’t hesitate, and I will do what I have to, to make sure I’m the one going home.

Try it, it really can be a life changing experience.

keeiii

The Krav Maga class I attend, I would have to say at least 25% or more of the students are black belts in another martial art. I think the instructor said there was something like 30 black belts from some other martial art. So I would have to say many do cross train. I know I do.
    To answer your second question. I personally believe Krav Maga is the best real fight situation class one can attend. If you have seen Ultimate fighter on Spike T.V. We do pretty much the same workout they do. Except they do all day. We do an hour. And if I may say a very, very tough hour at that.

kmaddict

Re: interested in Krav Maga

After a couple of classes you should find yourself more confident in defending yourself if you need to; while you need more years of practice in other martial arts to truly feel confident and be able to defend yourself.
    KM teaches you real street fighting and how to use your natural reflexes in your advantage.

kravron

Traditional martial arts are great…for tournaments and self dicipline. Sometimes techniques taught in those arts are not always practical in the street. Also the mentality doesnt always teach a survival mentality. Sometimes it depends on the school…other times there are flaws in the art. Any training is better than no training. But if you are looking for self-defense on the street. Krav is the place to be.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: