Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Is Krav Magna An Option For Me?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sorria

Safety has become a big concern of mine and I’ve been looking for ways of making my home and lifestyle safer. One thing I was possibly considering is taking defense classes. I’ve seen online viedos and thought that krav magna was probably the most realistic art for actual defense on the street. However, I don’t know if its the right thing for me.

I am defineitley out of shape (overweight) and I’m working on losing the weight now with exercise and dieting. I also have chronicly dislocating knee caps that can dislocate at any time. I have braces, but rarely wear them. Because of my fitness level (which I am working on), and my predisposition to knee problems, is krav magna something I should even consider taking? If not, what should I do to help keep myself safe on the streets.

Looking forward to your replies. Thanks.

mattp

Re: Is Krav Magna An Option For Me?

I think Krav would be a great option for you. Not only is it great for self defense it is outstanding for fitness/conditioning. Since I started Krav I have personally lost over 30 pounds through Conditioning classes and Krav classes.

This would probably be your best option given your knees and fitness. It’s an awesome workout(coming from a guy that loves working out more than sleeping and loves punishment) and its not that hard on your joints. I have bad kneess as well and i’ve experienced no real pain from it. Of course, the best way to find out is to try 🙂

vinman

simply put…YES !!!

uncleruckus

quote knees-n-bows88:

and loves punishment

LMAO, but short answer: yes. Long answer: an emphatic yes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: