Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    te

Alberto Merlo. Alleged Italian Krav Maga level 4 instructor with the “IPP”

Check the link below:

http://renzokujiujitsu.tripod.com/blackbelt/id65.html

This website is a “black belt by mail” outfit. I was just wondering if he was legit and had lowered himself to this, of if he’s a total fraud.

jburtonpdx

Re: Is this guy a fraud?

uhm — watch the video

http://renzokujiujitsu.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/kravmagaipp.mpg

you decide

Im sticking going to stick around and continue training with Mark personally….

edited to add Mark Slane, you might not know who he is, one of the Black Belts that came out of KMWW…

russell

let me get this straight, i can study krav maga from my house!(or ninjitsu, or bjj) in front of my tv without ever traning with a real person!!!! sign me up!!! boy can you imagine never having to work with a person who didn’t (or just plain won’t) wash their shirt! and i can EVEN be a instructor!!! wow i can teach MY bad habbits to other people too and put their lives in danger just like MINE!!!!

i say bullsh!t, never! no way! spend the money and take classes from a person i would rather take lessons in something other than krav, rather than a person on a video who cant help me in person

this guy might be the best in the world for all i know, but the only self defense i do on tv involves videogames

just my .02 cents

vinman

quote te:

Alberto Merlo. Alleged Italian Krav Maga level 4 instructor with the “IPP”

Check the link below:

http://renzokujiujitsu.tripod.com/blackbelt/id65.html

This website is a “black belt by mail” outfit. I was just wondering if he was legit and had lowered himself to this, of if he’s a total fraud.

I might mention that he also sells snake oil :):

blokrocbet

thats CKM

te

Ok, all good points. But has anyone in the KM community actually heard of him and has anyone actually heard of the IPP?

nate

Awesome. We should just have a sticky thread for all of these mail order Krav masters.

And yes russel, finally Ninjitsu and Krav together at last! Mail order belts for everyone!

alberto

Hi everybody, this is Alberto Merlo, I’d like to have you here in Italy for a seminar with me to train and discuss about self defense techniques and training program.

jamesh-d30

Hello Alberto! It’s great of you to come on this forum. Please don’t take offense to the subject, but some people who have been training and teaching Imi’s Krav Maga for a long time now are worried about quality control, and for good reason (look at Commando Krav Maga to make my point)

Italy is rather a long trip, but we have an Instructor here that has family there and just returned, so on his next trip I will try to set somthing up. If you are ever in the US, please look me up!

mara-jade

Welcome Alberto!

As a KMWW student only, I really don’t know what other organizations/individuals of KM are valid myself, so hope you can understand the skeptism:):

alberto

Hello James,
    no problem, no offense, I can understand the problem of quality control, it’s happen here in Italy and other coutries and in several martial arts.
    The quality is the most important point of my training, in fact I trained for instructor courses many masters from different martial arts, karate, jkd, kung fu, etc. (everybody up to black belt 4 degree) and you probably know how difficult is to fight their sceptisim.
    Also I trained and I’m training Krav Maga instructors from other organizations with very good results in their satisfaction.
    I know Italy is so far from US but it’ll be super for me to have a seminar with you because I think that only through sincere confrontation one can have better results.
    Real self defense is one of the most diffciult matter to teach because the things are never black or white.
    My best
    Alberto

thkukrav

I believe that, what you get out of instruction is up to you. My instructor Zane Church is amazing and he has been recognized by Alberto Merlo. Because of their instruction, I feel confident as a single woman doing things I love to do, not feeling caged because of so many evil people in this world. It has kept me emotionally and physically fit. I have been working with Master Church for over 4 years and it has been great. I feel confident and stronger than i have ever been in my life. Italy may be a fair distance but Albuquerque NM is not, stop in and see for yourself.

I lived in CO for a few years and almost started Krav out there but ended up transferring back to Albuquerque, where until recently there were no Krav schools, I have done research and looked into some other instructors and the classes seemed too large, sloppy, and didn’t seem to teach any foundations or structure, all the participants were close to the same age. Our class is structured, and the participants vary in age from 16 to 70, its amazing to see the advancement of a 50 year old woman. Who started out punching with a bent wrist and was unable to complete one push up, after a few months, and great determination on her part, she is now very competent in taking care of herself in many different REAL life situations.

Thanks again

rickprado

I don’t know if Alberto knows what he’s doing, but I will always be skeptical when someone can get a black belt over the internet.

He’s not the only one, go to black belt magazine and there are a bunch of them.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: