Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics John Whitman- Knife Defense Seminar – Santa Clara :)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    xkirian

Just got back from the John Whitman Knife Defense Seminar at our school today, what a great day of training for the 60+ students and instructors in attendance.

Thanks to all the schools from the Bay Area (and from around the country) that came to support John and KMWW and a very special thanks to John for running a phenomenal seminar. The level of intensity from John was great and the PPT/Multimedai presentation really drove home the points of the subject matter to all and amplified the realities of defending against a knife attack.

Thanks again John :),

Kirian

anonymous

So, did anyone get stabbed in the head? 😉

johnwhitman

No, but there was a knee or two to the groin. 🙂

xkirian

GK,

As John said, there were a few knees to the groin, kicks to the groin, multiple punches to the head and neck, knees to the body and head, a couple takedowns and throws and that was just during my intro of John to the group :).

There was a stab to the head or two as John also demonstrated the proper way to \”realistically\” stab somebody (I happened to be that somebody as well 😉 ). It was a good day.

Kirian

johnwhitman

Hey Kirian,
    Please send me an email at [email protected]. I have a question for you.
    Thanks!

anonymous

Re:

quote \”XKirian\:

GK,

As John said, there were a few knees to the groin, kicks to the groin, multiple punches to the head and neck, knees to the body and head, a couple takedowns and throws and that was just during my intro of John to the group :). Kirian

Wow, all that just during the intro? 😯 Seems like John may have had a little too much coffee on his way over! 😉 😆

Glad to hear there were no gaping head wounds. Sounds like it was a lot of fun. Wished I’d been there.

superhawk

It was an AWESOME seminar – thanks for arranging it.

The day really reinforced a few basic things for me:
    make those defenses \”offensive\”
    chase the blade back
    in training, be a good, realistic attacker
    above all, make the attacker \”pay\”
    Kirian IS human…sort of 😉

It was particularly insightful to get a glimplse into how training is done at the NTC, and reassuring to know that the instructors at ASD/Santa Clara relay that intensity back to us.

xkirian

Re:

quote \”superhawk\:

Kirian IS human…sort of 😉

HOW DARE YOU!…….. ;).

Seriously glad you in enjoyed it, just remember every thing John did to me, I will now do to you….in my best musical tone….\”It’s the circle of life\”…… :).

Kirian

jaysjc

Re:

AWESOME seminar on Saturday. Thanks for putting together such a great day of training for all of us!

– Jay –

mara-jade

Sounds like it was an awesome time! Wish I’d been there but I’m a wee bit far here 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: