Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums Law Enforcement & Military Joining the Israeli Defence Forces ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

What are the requirements to join the IDF please ? Thank you

unstpabl1

Google it. I met an American kid the other nite who was going to the IDF for his 2nd tour. I believe he said it was a 1 1/2 commitment

nc-southpaw

there is a book out …I forget the name of it but will look at it at home…..about a kid from New Hampshire that joined the IDF…..it was pretty good…..there is a name that they give foreigners that join…Lonely Soldier or something like that……but it told about the whole process…..someone in my high school joined…his name is Michael Oren (used to be Bornstein) ….and he is also an author of some note…wrote a book on the Six Day war…..but if you are interested in joining it tells the whole deal about how foriegners (Americans, South Americans, Europeans, South Africans )are integrated into the IDF……he actually made it to a pretty elite unit ….when I get home I will post the title and author and you can check it out…….

mike-g

Re: Joining the Israeli Defence Forces ?

quote \”JewishFitness1976\:

What are the requirements to join the IDF please ? Thank you

I’m assuming your Jewish ad not an Israeli citizen http://www.mahal2000.com/about/join.htm

Chayal Boded is what NC southpaw was talking about. It’s for soldiers with no family in Israel. Doesn’t apply if say your married and move your wife over there while your in the Army.

http://www.wzo.org.il/en/resources/view.asp?id=360

nc-southpaw

OK…the book is called Lonely Soldier by Adam Harmon.The Memoir of an American in the Israeli Army….he was on Larry King etc and it got some pretty good press…..Its a good read and I think it would give you alot of information on what you want to do and what happens and how you go about joining…….Good luck to you if you decide to pursue this ….but the book will definately give you flavor for what you would be getting yourself into and an Americans perspective…..

myside-aghh

do you…..

Do you have to be a Jew to join? Because if Hillary Ramrod Clinto or Barrick Osama is elected in the U.S., I may want to leave.

myside-aghh

seriously…

Do you have to be Jewish…what is the age limit?

ryan

Hey, man, welcome to the forum, but please take the politics to the zillions of political forums that are out there. Thanks.

myside-aghh

Ryan wrote:Hey, man, welcome to the forum, but please take the politics to the zillions of political forums that are out there. Thanks.

If you don’t mind Mr. Ryan please consider this :

Clausewitz said war is politics pursued by other means.
    Since war consists of millitary training, fighting and anything involving martial skill…it could be concluded that any form of martial sciience or martial art has a root in politics. There is a reason Kung Fu, Tai Chi, Karate, Ju Jitsu, Judo, Krav Maga , Commando Krav Maga, etc. exist, and the reason is political disputes and defense of a nation,s borders or for protection from armed militant criminals and thugs. Sir, please feel free to offer your critiques and helpful corrections on anything involving Krav Maga fighting skill. But anything about which I feel passionately, such as my country, the Israelis, KM, CKM, martial arts and why it exists and how all this is connected, I do not know if you are qualified to correct me in asking me to leave anything, using your word \”political\” out of any discussion in anything fighting, military, war etc.

I say this with much respect,

myside_aghh

ryan

Well, semantics, philosophy, quotations, qualifications, bloviating, etc. aside, this is a forum about Krav Maga, a self defense system. Look around–you’ll not see this kind of stuff here, for a reason.

myside-aghh

you

Forget the other post I had before i deleted it here. I was having bad day and got on my soap box. You are agreat martial artist form what I can see from here. Perhaps we should just keep it to the technical side. Point taken, And meay the Love of Our Lord Bless You and Your martial art academy.

giant-killer

Hmmm, however you might want to spin it, like any good politician, your comment had absolutely nothing to do with martial arts, nor with the holocaust, Auschwitz or \”being a midwife\”. 😯 😕

All Ryan was trying to do, in a friendly way no less, was to advise you that we don’t usually discuss politics on this forum, as it is dedicated to the martial arts, and he was just asking you to kindly respect those rules. Not sure that’s too much to ask.

myside-aghh

ok

ok…you got me..if that’s what you meant…sorry.

myside-aghh

changed

Deleted out of respect. Just having a bad day..got on my soap box. Ryan’s academy seems good. You’re right….after all and so is he.

I do love KM system by the way. Most pepole in it are noble and good people, as most true martial artists are good and disciplined people.

giant-killer

Yes, just makes more sense to stick to the SD issues. Otherwise we might end up having lots of shouting matches that aren’t really conducive to the SD discussions, as there are so many diverse and often conflicting political opinions out there. That’s why, even during family gatherings, they might employ the \”no politics\” rule once in a while, just to assure not to ruin an otherwise productive and fun get together. 🙂

Anyway, continue posting, we are happy to have you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: