Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    brock

I just bought a book called Krav Maga For Beginners. I am wondering, is it possible to learn Krav Maga well if you study through the book and practice 5x a day? I also hope to learn Hapkido, and re-train in Boxing.

mara-jade

Re: Just bought a book

Welcome to the forum,

The book is very good but it doesn’t replace a real instructor and interaction with other students. Without proper tweaking, you could pick up habits that will be hard to break later or possibly improper form.

brock

Well, I live on a farm. The closest place is Nashville. It is about a 1 1/2 hour drive. I have no way of getting training from them.

Would I be better off just training in Hapkido? My main focus is not just self-defense, I want a program that is for real combat, not like karate. I have seen too many karate kids get hurt because they think a guy coming at them is gonna attack them correctly.

I am in basically the same situation you are.

Do the best you can for now and here is an excellent resource.

http://www.flashmavi.com/

Use the ” i ” button and hit the play button on the right & scroll down for further instructions.

To the KM instructors: What are the bad habits and how to avoid them please ?

In the meantime until your situation changes to where you can go to Krav Maga classes. This will have to do. 😎

brock

Well, my goal is to add technique to my weight lifting and boxing. Weight Lifting covers strength, boxing covers punches. I need to study something that can make the strength useful lol.

I am stuck here for 4 years for college, and maybe even 2 more for my M.A.

mara-jade

There are those who travel periodically to a center to get training. While perhaps you can’t go regularly it is something to consider if you have the $$ and the time.

At some point you need to partner with someone so you can get a handle on attacker vs being attacked.

brock

Yea, I think I’ll find me a spotter for weight lifting, and see if he would want to partner in fighting too.

Also, what is your opinion on Hapkido?

Hi Brock, I forgot to mention you need to click on all topics at that flash mavi website. You will see a list of martial arts that is available to view. Cheers ! 😎

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: