Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Just got back from the Fit to Fight course. . .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    biglou502

and it was awesome! I was fortunate enough to get to spend a long weekend taking the Phase A Fit to Fight course in San Antonio. Ryan and Jeff have put together a fight program that is safe, easy-to-learn, and very approachable for someone with little or no fighting experience. Even after a few hours of training, I was ready to hop right back on a plane home to Atlanta so that I could start sharing this stuff with my students. If you are an instructor or school owner looking for a program to supplement and complement your Krav Maga offerings, look no further. Finding something like this that lets people work hard and play hard is exceedingly difficult; this stuff is just incredibly fun.

Kudos to Ryan and the rest of the folks at RHEK for providing us with such a terrific program, and for spending time sharing this program and their knowledge with us. . . I can’t wait to get back for more. And also, a big thanks to Pete and the rest of the San Antonio crew for sharing themselves and their facilities (especially during such a busy weekend).

And if you are a student reading this who has access to a Fit to Fight program or an instructor who has been through the FTF training, take advantage of it. You won’t be sorry.

mara-jade

Re: Just got back from the Fit to Fight course. . .

Thanks for coming down. Sounds like y’all had a blast:wav:

stevetuna

I’ll echo what Jesse said. My focus was on the PRIDE program for kids, while Jules and Jamie attended the FTF classes. The excitement that all of us are bringing back to the studio began to translate to our students before we even set foot back on the island!

My students don’t know it, but they’ll be introduced to the sock game tonight…

Ryan, Jeff, Mike M., Andre, Justine – thanks to all of you. This investment will pay immediate dividends to our students. Also, a big thank you to Pete Hardy, owner of Krav Maga – San Antonio, as well to his entire staff, for being way more than gracious hosts. I am grateful to all of you!

Finally, one of the biggest treats for me – getting to meet Mara Jade and her husband!

mara-jade

Great to finally meet you Steve. You picked an excellent time to come down:wav:

ryan

What a great weekend! I’ll post a group pic once I get it from Dre. You can see pics on the Fit to Fight FB page, if anyone’s interested.

It was good to see the San Antonio crew, as well as the familiar and new faces in the courses. We had a terrific turnout, and I can’t wait to see these folks in upcoming courses. Jesse, it was good to work with you again…Atlanta is well represented.

I’d like to thank Pete and staff for the great hospitality. Thanks to everyone from RHEK/FTF, who made the trip and helped out…Dre, Jeff, Mike, Kish, Mandi, Jess and Ginger.

MJ, the seminar was amazing, and Pete’s bag class rocked!

ryan

Got tons of great feedback, but I thought I’d post this one from Eric Sepeda, who is a KM black belt and owns centers in the Atlanta area:

“Ryan,

I hope all is well with you my friend. Here are some of the comments about the Fit to Fight program that I brought up to you.

First, it is an amazing program. Perfect curriculum and well thought out as well as great instruction. After having been through it I wish I would have done it sooner.
    The problem I had was in all of the emails and marketing done for it. I went into this weekend not really knowing what the training was going to be. It is marketed as a beginner fight program. I envisioned learning hooks and uppercuts on a basic level. All of the flyers led me to believe that this was no different than an intro fight class. Clearly it is much more than that but that is where my confusion was.

I think a lot of other licensee probably have the same misconception. We all know how to put together a basic intro fight class and that is why I didnít see a need for anyone who has been through phase C to bite on this. If you could market it more for what it is I think that you will see interest go through the roof. Learning pummeling, doubleneckties, counters, drills, takedowns and all of the other stuff that we learned is exciting and not something that any phase C instructor can offer. That is my only critique. Excellent program and I look forward to phase B…

Thanks again for a fantastic weekend of training.

Eric”

I’m also posting a group pic…a little blurry, but what a great group!

Attachments:

mara-jade

Congrats Y’all! Another winner!:wav:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: