Home Forums Krav Maga Worldwide Forums General KM Related Topics Just got home from my first class!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    cshuler62

Hey guys I told you I’d keep you posted on how it went. Well it went great I’m so tired its hard to stand lol. I loved every minute of it. We did ground stuff tonight had so much fun can’t wait till my next class! The only thing I have a question about is I want to go on kind of diet what should I eat that would help me out in Krav?

dunc

Re: Just got home from my first class!

lots.

thecrownsown

Eat a big breakfast to keep your energy up during the day. If your classes are in the evening, make sure you eat a few hundred calories of something at least an hour beforehand to keep your energy up during classes. And LOTS of water! Keep hydrated. (Stay away from fast foods, and processed foods as much as possible….a lot of guys are going the way of protein shakes to trim fat but keep the calorie count up….but it’s also easy to go overboard…..and start losing energy.)

bracius

Props to Crown on the water comment. So here is what I typically tell people when first starting Krav Maga.

1) Drink at least two liters to a gallon of water PER day. Depending on how frequently you go to glass. I would say you lose a liter to two liters just in class. Keep up with it!

2) Get something like http://www.my-calorie-counter.com to help you track your diet. it also has recommended meals that keep you away from fast food (more props to crown). Also, the cross fitness guys and guarddawg(?) had a good rule of thumb: “Your food should come from the outside of the grocery store. Real food perishes”. Their right, the processed grains rob you of the vitamin rich shell of grains and leave you with the “fat glue” insides. The processed foods have unhealthy chemical (IMO). I could go on but you know….crap in, crap out.

3) Fiber up. you need at least 25 grams a day. It helps you absorb water better. If you are drinking a lot of water and feel more dehydrated and pee like a horse every five minutes, then it means you are not absorbing it. That is where the fiber comes in

4) I usually eat a fruit salad an hour to 30 minutes before Krav. If anyone in my class wants to know why I am bouncing off the walls during class…..there you go.

5) Water

6) This is not related to eat correctly but…… don’t talk when the instructor is talking. You may not do it but others do. Be the good student

That’s all I have right now. Go hard and break the boundries!

bracius

quote dunc:

lots.

That’s a good point too!

I just started (maybe about two weeks ago) eating the six small meals a day. I’ve dropped three pounds and even more in fat.

cshuler62

Thanks guys for the help I apreciate it. I can’t wait till my next class it will be great

Shoot for breakfast, a mid morning snack, lunch, an afternoon snack, dinner, evening snack. Try to get as much raw food in there as possible- fruit and veggies. Eat lots of protien. There are tons of web sites devoted to meal planning. Here’s a couple I used to plan my diet. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/diabetes-diet/DA00027
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_guide_pyramid Those are basic but there’s plenty of sites that will actually give you daily meal plans for free.
    Stay hydrated. That is key. Drink as close to a gallon a water a day as possible. Drink more when you can.
    And once you get comfortable with the cardio routines in class, try to add your own stuff at home on your off days. Go light, but don’t let the class be your only source of exercise.

Cshuler62 –

Where in TX are you training?

We are lucky here to have some really great schools. We’ve had a LOT of first timers where I train – KMDFW – Addison.

RS

cshuler62

Haha I train at KMDFW Bedford. My class had 8 people in it I was the only first timer but almost every1 else had only been there a few months

cshuler62

And thank you guys about the food info ill get my diet set up asap

bracius

I just looked at the side of my Healthy Choice, Cafe Steamer…….. best if used by Jan 07 2010…YEEESH

There is meat in there……hate to wonder what it has packed in it. I need to switch to left overs………..

quote Cshuler62:

Haha I train at KMDFW Bedford. My class had 8 people in it I was the only first timer but almost every1 else had only been there a few months

Welcome,

Last night it was pouring down rain and we had the largest class since I’ve been there at Trinity Mills. 10+ first timers…….

I live right between Trinity Mills and Bedford so I may be training at your location sometimes.

BTW: This board is a GREAT source of information and advice..

CCB (aka – RoboKnee)

tko99

I just want to say that the recommendations provided by members of this forum about food & nutrition WILL make a difference.

Last two days, I’ve been going to class on a pretty empty stomach and I ran out of steam and my form suffered quite a bit (including not enough energy for hip rotation, etc). I mean I think I’m in pretty good shape (did bag class and krav back to back just last week).
    My new policy is to make sure I have a light meal anywhere from 1hr-2 hr before class. Otherwise, no class for me. Well actually, now that I think of it, I’m going to increase the number of meals (albeit lower portions) per day and change my lifestyle around.

Normally, I take a good diet for granted. Now that I’ve experienced two decent/bad outings along with not feeling so well during class, diet is becoming a priority in my training and lifestyle.

cshuler62

Well I hope to see you around then captcornerbanger! And if I have to eat fast food because I’m out a lot which I am, what should I get? Or should I just get Subway? If so 6″or 12? Sorry for all the questions guys, but all the help I can get would be great

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Get Training!

EXPERIENCE KMW TODAY!

For more information call now at

or fill out the form below: